Hotwire requires one adult occupant per room

WillTravel
By WillTravel,
in

It's frequently been suggested to get two rooms, or even more for a sufficiently large family.

I tried a search with one adult and three children on Hotwire, for two rooms. (I probably won't be insane enough to make that trip, but that's another issue :).)

Anyway, Hotwire brings back this message: "Hotwire requires at least one adult occupant per room."

This is no problem if two adults are traveling, because you could have one adult per room, but typically the adults want to be together in one room. Of course for this particular case you can get just one room with quad occupancy, but that will probably only provide two beds, which might not be a comfortable solution.

Say you have a family of five and want two rooms, with the parents in one room. Any idea if this restriction would be enforced in practice? I suppose Hotwire is guarding against the possibility that the two rooms you get will not be adjacent, and might even be in opposite parts of a hotel complex.

• 2 weeks later...

I notice that Hotwire makes no mention of this in their Q&A section. My guess is that it is a liability issue that they want a "responsible" adult in every room. Since I know for a fact that you can book almost all hotels directly to reserve 2 rooms without stating how many adults, I think you could fudge this, althrough the best way is to tell Hotwire what you want to do at the link below and see what they say. Since you would obviously be responsible and checking up on your kids, I don't know what the problem would be.

hotwire.com/customer-care/contact.jsp

As a family of nine, we always need two hotel rooms when traveling. We have stayed at many different hotel chains in almost every state in the continental U.S. and have never had a problem with not having an adult in each room. I have never even been asked at check-in if there would be an adult in each room. My husband and I stay in one room with our two youngest and the teenagers stay in the other. They are well-behaved (if I do say so myself!) and it has always worked out fine. Of course, most of the reservations for these stays were not made on Priceline. Four times in the past year, though, we have had six family members spread out in two rooms that were reserved on Priceline and we had no trouble at all.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]