NY NYC Airport Best Western Airport JFK

dahammer
By dahammer,
in

This property is rated 2* and features the following amenities: Free Airport Shuttle, Complimentary Continental Breakfast, Fitness Center, Free High-Speed Internet Access (don't forget you must bring your own Ethernet cable). I figured that I saved only $25 using Hotwire compared to the BW website.

Room $66.00

Taxes and fees: $16.95

Total Price $82.95

I drove to the hotel, and found a spot in the small lot, this fills up quickly and if you don't find a spot, you will have to park on the street. Check in was fast, I was given a non smoking room on the top floor, with one queen bed, a desk, clock radio, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, coffee maker, TV. The property features a small exercise facility. The room was clean but tiny, but big enough for one. Several guests were staying here for the night then taking the free shuttle to the Airport to catch an outbound flight. Continental breakfast was good with the usual bagles, cereal, danish. Coffee was good and made a cup at a time. I made several local phone calls and was not charged, and in fact, was only asked for ID at the front desk, no imprint of my credit card. There are no on site dining options, but there are several delivery services that can bring Chinese, Pizza, etc to the hotel. If you have a car, you can venture out to several restaurants on Crossbay Blvd. about 10 minutes away. The hotel has rooms with Kings and two Doubles, these rooms are more expensive on the Best Western website, but I did not ask for an upgrade. I'm not sure how the hotel would handle such a request if you needed a room with two beds. I felt safe in the Hotel but I would avoid walking around in this neighborhood in the evening, hit the treadmill inside if you must! If you are looking for basic accomodations near the airport and don't want to break the bank, this is the place.

• 5 months later...

I needed to stay near the airport as I had a flight arriving into JFK at 1115pm. I bid for the JFK area on a weekday Wed Dec 22 2004 and received this property for 60$ + PL/tax = 72$ for the one night stay.

This place is another example of NYC hotel/motels as they are outrageously expensive for the level of service/quality of the room you are getting.

I called the hotel as I stepped off the plane (as I had no checkin luggage) and they said to call back once you are at Federal Circle (the hotel shuttle pickup area of the free AirTrain system). i called when I got to federal circle and waited 23 minutes before they picked me up. I was fairly disappointed as the Holiday Inn Express (which is located literally down the street from the BestWestern) made two pickups in the same period that I was waiting. So I suggest that you hop on to the the Holiday Inn express shuttle if the BW one is taking too long.

I gave my credit card and my license when I reached the counter and the man didn't even look at it and just asked me for my name, birthdate and zip code. Strange (Birthdate?) No mention of PL. I requested a room with two double beds at the counter and the man said, "you weren't listed for that." After some fumbling with the computer, he gave me a room on the fourth floor (of four). The room had fairly thin walls (since I remember sleeping poorly) and was the room adjacent to the corner room (thus my room is one of the smaller rooms). However, the room was clean, and the bathroom was stocked well with towels. I was disappointed that the amenities did not include conditioner, but I should have brought some with me. The TV was in poor condition, but it included HBO as a premium channel.

I received my morning wake up call at 7am as promised and I attended the free "deluxe" continental breakfast (milk/coffee/juice/bagels/doughnuts) on the second floor.

Overall it was a reasonable experience, but I tolerated it because I knew that I was staying for such a short stay.... midnight until 8am. If there is a next time where I would have a longer stay, I would strongly look into the 3* category hotels.

• 4 years later...

We stayed at this hotel on 7/27/2009. I never write reviews on hotels, but I decided this needed to be written for the good of the public. Hotwire surely tricked us on this one! They inflated the hotel's star rating--this Best Western is definitely NOT a 3* hotel! This is the WORST hotel/motel that my husband and I have ever experienced (and I'm not a hotel snob)! We have been to Motel 6's that were better than this Best Western. The complimentary airport shuttle was available every hour on the 1/2 hour (i.e. 4:30pm, 5:30pm, etc.), but the drivers didn't seem like they cared much for their jobs. When we checked in, the lady at the front desk was very nice and gave us a key for room 106. When we got to the room, we noticed there was no TV in there. This seemed odd since every hotel we've been to had a TV in the room. We went back up to the front desk and asked the lady if all the rooms were supposed to have a TV. She looked at us strangely, and we informed her that room 106 did not have one. She replied, "Oh my gosh--someone stole the TV!" She then apologized and gave us a key to room 116. Although this room had a TV, it had a horrible stench of stale cigarette smoke and other questionable smells. There were stains on the bedspread, the carpet was soaking wet, and the toilet was barely flushable. We figured it was already late, and we had an early flight to catch so we didn't request another room. We checked out before breakfast was served, so I can't comment on the breakfast (although after what I have experienced, I would be too afraid to try it even if I had the chance!) I could not wait to get out of that h*ll hole!!! Buyer beware! Stay away from this Best Western!!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]