Priceline Hotel: 3* South Bend Residence Inn South Bend

nick5
By nick5,
in

I had a hard time getting a winning bid for this area. There is a Hyatt Place in the area, so I decided to try the 39.00 bid as I had won Hyatt Places before with that number. Rejected.

Waited my 24hrs as there really is not a free re-bid area when using South Bend as bidding area.

I then read that 2.5* for Courtyard had come up as a winning bid of 33.00. So I bid that and it was rejected. But now the 3* is no longer an option as you can move down in stars but not up unless you wait another 24 hours. (of which, I did not really want to do)

So, closed window, logged on to same computer but with hubby's XP user account and picked Granger Indiana as my bidding area. (It is the same area priceline shows in their map for South Bend, Mishawaka and Granger). I bid 3* 53.00 as I saw someone had that for a winning bid earlier in the year. It was accepted without me having to wait the 24hrs. I do not know if they would have let me bid 3* Granger without opening an new window or not. Last year, Priceline locked me out unless I waited the 24hours. when I tried these three bidding areas saying they were the same location.

Anyway, all set for going on a mini trip with my daughter, thanks to priceline and better bidding.

Cheryl

Please use the site's HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links to start future purchases.

Yellowdog.

Thanks Yellowdog,, I had a great time with my daughter and this property exceeded our expectations. I would even stay in the area again if I knew this would be the winning bid.

But my question. I always start my bids from Better bidding's boards using the hotwire or PRICELINE links. (with the exception of one time, then I made a paypal donation)

So, am I missing something? or was that a standard reminder for future bids?

thanks,

cheryl

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]