Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Newark (Hoboken - Jersey City) Hyatt Regency

jangelo68
By jangelo68,
in

First of all thank you for the helpful information on the PATH system and Jersey City transportation overview. As you pointed out this will be an important information for anyone deciding to stay in Jersey as alternative to Manhattan hotels, especially for someone like us from out of state.

I have one question: can't seem to find the timetable for the Exchange Place station (Newark - World Trade Center line). Does anyone know where to find it? I checked the link to the PATH Timetable & System Map, but to no avail.

We're planning on visiting around thanksgiving week therefore this information will be somewhat essential.

I also have another question regarding best strategy to ensure getting the Hyatt Regency Jersey City, but I'll post this question in a more appropriate forum.

I have one question: can't seem to find the timetable for the Exchange Place station (Newark - World Trade Center line). Does anyone know where to find it?  I checked the link to the PATH Timetable & System Map, but to no avail.

PATH Timetable

See Newark to WTC Station (Red Line) in the upper middle of the timetable and Hoboken to WTC Station (Green Line) in the upper right hand corner.

Travelguy, thanks for pointing it out, I just wasn't patient enough to scroll to the right of the page.

We'll be arriving at JFK on 11/23 at 6am: what's the best way to get to the Hyatt Regency Jersey City? Subway & PATH train?

We'll be flying out of Newark airport on 11/26: can we take the PATH train from Exchange Place station?

We booked the flight already since there was a sale for $150RT from Los Angeles area, without realizing that getting hotel rooms turn out to be a challenge. I thought not too many people will be visiting in Thanksgiving and that's why they have the airfare sale.

I'm still trying to get the hotel. For the past week I've been bidding on priceline for a 4* midtown Manhattan hotels up to $150 with no success, and then I started bidding $37 on priceline for a 3* Jersey City hotels with no success either, then after 72 hrs re-bid for $40, still rejected.

I checked Hotwire showing $94, should I just go ahead with this one, or wait for a few more days? I'm afraid we'll end up homeless, probably should reserve directly thru Hyatt website for backup just in case?

When are you able to bid for Jersey City again?

Whether 'a bird in hand is better than two in the bush' is a tough question... if suddenly tomorrow the Hyatt (for $100/nite) disappeared and you were still unsuccessful at a 4* with Priceline, would you raise your bid or lower your star quality? Would you consider splitting your stay (in order to get a better price)?

Would you look forward to staying at the Hyatt or is it a distant second alternative to NYC due to price? How much of a factor is your budget?

By answering the above i think we can better advise the best approach of whether to continue trying or to lock something now... the answer will be different for each user depending upon how often they get away, how they react to 'rolling with flow', they're comfort level in waiting until the last minute, etc, etc.

The answers to your question regarding airport/hotel transportation can be found here: Getting From the Airport to Hotel. We can give more specifics once we know exactly where you'll be staying.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I won't be able to bid on Jersey City again till 11/10.

My budget is $170 for midtown Manhattan, and $100 for Jersey City, where the Hyatt is the only one we'd like to consider due to the view. As far as bidding thur priceline for Manhattan hotel, I wouldn't feel comfortable with anything less than 4*.

We like to be right in the middle of Manhattan, but then again the Hyatt Jersey City seems to be in a very convenient location so getting to Manhattan doesn't seem to be a problem.

How much is the ferry and how long will it take? What are the hours? Is there more than one destination in Manahattan or Battery Park is the only one? Well, I suppose you probably have a link to the ferry authority?

Thanks in advance.

Running out of time and didn't have much luck in re-bidding for these dates. Tried having my g/f bid but somehow PL said it's duplicate request.

Checked hotwire (thru savingsbarn) and the Hyatt Jersey City is available for $87, so we booked it for 11/23 - 11/26. We're set and look forward to the trip.

Thanks for the advice and useful links.

Glad to hear you have a roof over your head... and thank you for going thru SavingsBarn.com to place your bid.

This is the second time recently that we've seen Hotwire have availability here and Priceline not... what was the highest bid you made that you were rejected for? Only explanation i can think of is that the $87/nite thru Hotwire was an average of multiple rates with one of the nites being substantially higher than the rest... this could easily account for a Priceline rejection.

If you need any other help planning your itinerary feel free to ask. Also, if you choose to eat locally one nite board members can get 10% OFF at the Baja Restaurant (a short walk from the Hyatt), one of my favorite local mexican restaurants (but stick with the menu items i recommended at the bottom of the link).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Here is the link to the NY Waterway:

http://www.nywaterway.com/commuter.html

It looks like the Hyatt is closest to the Colgate Ferry Terminal, the one way fare is $5.50 to NYC. This is not open on weekends and the next closest terminal with weekend service is Exchange Place that is about one mile away from the Hyatt. The Path train looks like the better option, if you want a boat ride, take the Staten Island Ferry, its free and has a great view of the Statue of Liberty.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]