Hotwire Hotel: ID 3* Los Angeles (LAX) Hotel: 8/8-8/9

pochothepilot
By pochothepilot,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

This property has not yet been identified. However, note that if you change your search to 2adults/2children a 'new' 3* hotels appears for the same price with the amenities above plus a Restaurant icon. This property has not yet been identified either but i suspect it may be the same one as above (so the icons for this offering may not be the 'full list' that the hotel has)

However, is there a reason yo're considering this when there is a 3.5* for just a few dollars more ($1-$5 dependig upon your search) Is there something in particular you're looking for from this stay?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

pochothepilot

There is a 4* $77 with Shuttle, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business. This is a match for Sheraton Gateway so that would be my best guess.

Do you arrive with car or plane? If you arrive with plane can you use the shuttle to the hotel and use the shuttle back to the airport in the morning to get your car. You will save the parking fee this way.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE link to start your purchase, and let us know how it goes.

Yellowdog.

If you search on 3 adults/0 children then bedding for three is guaranteed. That's almost always two beds, or occasionally one bed and a sleeper sofa.

If you search on 2 adults/0 children then only one bed is guaranteed. The hotel might give you a second bed on request; they might charge an upgrade fee for a second bed; or they might not have two-bed rooms available at all, even if you're willing to pay.

To guarantee 2 beds search on 3 adults/0 children. Is the 2.5* hotel that you saw still there when you do that?

With 3 adults, the 2.5* goes up to $83. The 3* goes to $75. 3.5* goes to $83 and 4* increases to $89.

I'm also open to anything near downtown as well. I'm going to see a Dodgers game in LA, but figured the best rates would be near the LAX area.

I enjoyed my stay at the Holiday Inn LAX last time and was hoping I could get a good rate through Hotwire. The hotel list shows it would come up as a 2.5*, so that 2.5* for $54 caught my eye.

I don't see anything that looks like the Holiday Inn LAX, whether searching on 2 adults or 3 adults.

The 2.5* in LAX for two adults looks like a match for the Hacienda Hotel. The Hacienda was 3* at last report and appears to have been downgraded. The TripAdvisor stats (3/5, 200+ reviews) match the Hacienda but not the Holiday Inn, which only has 127 reviews.

When you search on 3 adults instead of 2 adults a different 2.5* hotel appears. The "new" hotel's TripAdvisor rating is only 2.5/5 though, which is pretty low (and doesn't match the Holiday Inn).

What direction are you driving in from? I'm trying to think of some other options with two beds.

You can book the Holiday Inn LAX with two beds for $95 on Orbitz, or $89.10 through the hotel if you have an Entertainment Card..

With two beds guaranteed you can beat that $95 on Hotwire with either:

1) 3* LAX $75. Unidentified hotel. It could be the HI LAX. Not enough info on HOTWIRE to know.

2) 3* Culver City $86. Either the Four Points or Radisson Westside. (TripAdvisor stats match both.)

Downtown LA's only two beds guaranteed is a 3* for $119. Venice area is higher than LAX too.

You can definitely beat these rates on PRICELINE, either Downtown or at LAX---$40's to $60's---but you'd be gambling on the second bed.

We're interested to hear what you ultimately book, whether or not it's on PRICELINE / HOTWIRE.

Good luck!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]