Priceline Hotel: 2.5* 9/14-9/15 Downtown LA Help

jtam1234
By jtam1234,
in

Where is the $111/nite rate from? Based upon this price how much of a discount would you need to make an 'unknown opaque' purchase worthwhile?

I'm guessing you're not far off, perhaps under $60/nite, but let us know your maximum bid and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The discounts are usually greater at the higher rated hotels as there is simply more margin to be able to discount a $200 room than a $80 room. Both of the hotels have similar expenses (water, electricity, labor to some degree, etc) so while the $200 may be able to discount 50% to $100 the $80 hotel may only be able to disount 30% to $55 (so the savings are $100 vs. $25)

Just as in your other Priceline Los Angeles thread, HOTWIRE has a 3* hotel for $62/nite... do you want to bid up to that amount and then try the HOTWIRE property OR how high are you willing to bid for this stay?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

I found a $63 per night 3* hotel in Downtown LA. But when I changed the # adults, in the fields from 2 to 3 adults that hotel disappear from the list. Should it be a concern when the bookings indicate 2 adults but 3 actually showed up? And also, can I request to have 2 double beds after the hotel name is confirmed?

Thanks.

If you search HOTWIRE on 2 adults/0 children you're guaranteed a room with one bed.

Search HOTWIRE on 3 adults/0 children and you're guaranteed two beds (or occasionally one bed and a hideaway couch).

If a Hotwire hotel disappears when you switch from 2 adults to 3 adults then that hotel was willing to guarantee a room with one bed but not two beds.

How many are actually in your party? How many beds do you need?

Checking on 2 adults, which guarantees one bed, Hotwire has these Downtown:

4* $94

3.5* $84

3* $63

Checking on 3 adults, which guarantees two beds, Hotwire only has this:

3.5* $126

The 3.5* hotel is effectively charging you $42 for the second bed.

If you bid on PRICELINE or purchase one of the 2 adult options on HOTWIRE it's possible the hotel will give you two beds anyhow. But it's not guaranteed.

If you're willing to gamble on two beds I'd suggest trying $60 for 3.5* on PRICELINE next. Then $60 for 3*. Then $60 for 2.5*. HOTWIRE often rates hotels higher than PRICELINE, so that Hotwire 3* at $63 is probably a Priceline 2.5*.

• 3 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]