Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Minneapolis-St Paul (Airport MSP-MofA) Holiday Inn Bloomington

Colfax
By Colfax,
in

I bid up to $38 for a 3* with no luck.

$32/2.5* was rejected and $34 accepted by the Holiday Inn. This is the HI on 94th Street. The hotel's regular rate was $80.10.

The Holiday Inn's been extensively renovated in the last year, but still not enough for Priceline to call it a 3*. The hallways and rooms have new carpet and wallpaper. The rooms are refreshed. The pool was torn out and replaced. Green Mill Pizza is still there.

Parking and internet free. Free shuttle to airport and MOA.

There are nicer hotels near MOA but for $34 this is a good deal. Location is a little isolated compared to the hotels on 494. No other restaurants or stores in the immediate area.

Bid placed through the BetterBidding PRICELINE link.

Congratulations on your success!

While it sounds as if they're doing some superficial things to try to spruce the place up, it sounds like you can't go too wrong for $34/nite!

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Hope you enjoyed your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Although the Holiday Inn isn't reported here often I get the impression they do a high volume of PRICELINE and HOTWIRE business. There were three parties ahead of me at checkin and from what I could eavesdrop they were all there via PL or HW.

While I was checking in the desk clerk took a phonecall. I heard him say "No, you can't reserve the Hotwire rate over the phone. You can only book that rate through HOTWIRE."

The Holiday Inn might prefer staying 2.5* even if it qualifies as a 3* after the renovations. As a 3* it would compete against eight other 3* hotels in the zone. As a 2.5* it only competes against La Quinta.

• 3 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]