Hotwire Hotel: 3* San Francisco (Fishermans Wharf) Holiday Inn

Ems!
By Ems!,
in

HI

Just wanted some help with strategy please, I want 4* USE for 3 nights from 25 Sept 09. Hoping for Westin st francis but would be happy with the hyatt. Just bid using your link from $85-$115 in $5 increments using my 4 free rebids. No dice. Nothing on hotwire either. Any advice?

Cheers

Emma

Is the USE area the only zone you're willing to accept? I do think you'd be successful at amounts you have already bid if you included other nearby areas such as USW, Embarcadero, etc.

If you only want the USE zone HOTWIRE has what appears to be The Palace hotel for $129/nite (great reviews), just a little more than you have already bid.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thougths and how you'd like to proceed and we'll advicie accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It's still early for late Sept dates. You might get a better deal if you're patient. Unless you need to secure something now I wouldn't bid higher than about $85 or $90 this far ahead. Maybe bid to $90 every few days now.

I agree with thereuare that you can probably win something under $115 now if you're open to additional zones.

HOTWIRE and PRICELINE define the USE zone differently. Hotwire's USE zone is much larger than Priceline's and includes Priceline's USE AND SOMA-Moscone zones. The Palace Hotel is in USE on Hotwire, but in SOMA on Priceline. If the Palace appeals to you can probably win it (or some other 4*) for less than the HOTWIRE $129 rate by bidding for a 4* in PRICELINE's SOMA-Moscone.

Good luck!

• 1 month later...

hi, Just thought I'd update this and see if anybody has any ideas.

So I decided I'd accept either USE or Fishermans wharf. I thought FW would be quite a bit cheaper too. However, over the past few weeks I've bid on both these areas up to $135. (For 4* in USE and 3 1/2 * in FW - as separate bids)

I would have thought I'd get something in FW for this price. Not really sure what to do now, I can get holiday Inn for $155 on the advance purchase rate via their own site. I can't see what the issue really is though - I can see that there are some wins for my dates at much lower prices so I really don't know what I am doing wrong.

I can get a 3 1/2 * in FW on hotwire on for about $166 I think.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

Emsi..

you are looking for similar dates like i do...

i had successfully bid for the 23rd in sfo airport and then 27th to 30th on FW at the Marriott..

Now need something from 24th to 27th.....

Keep me and the forum updated about your bids..

I would keep trying it, since it is still early i assume...

I can still pay the full price booking the regular rates...

May have one last bid on fw tonight first tho, as I really did fancy there now.

If you want to stay in Fisherman's Wharf, Ems!, what about bidding for a 3* in Fisherman's Wharf before moving to a less preferred zone? Your backup, the Holiday Inn at $155, is a Priceline 3*.

If you're interested I'd suggest trying around $70-100 range for a 3*.

oh I didn't realise it was a 3*, I will do that if I can use PRICELINE again, as I seem to be having major issues with priceline, in that I think I had a bid accepted because it tried to charge my card, but it just won't accept the card. have also tried another of my cards and my husbands card and it just says it cannot be authorised by the bank!! have checked with bank and no problem at their end. when I have some more time later I'll try again.

cheers

emma

If you want to stay in Fisherman's Wharf, Ems!, what about bidding for a 3* in Fisherman's Wharf before moving to a less preferred zone? Your backup, the Holiday Inn at $155, is a Priceline 3*.

If you're interested I'd suggest trying around $70-100 range for a 3*.

thanks for this, to be honest I think I had confused my self a bit or misread the priceline list on the board - as I would be totally happy with either of the 3* accomodations in fw! So I've just bid at $80 , then free rebid of $95. Neither were sucessful. Will try going up in $5 increments now for a couple of days when my 24 hr freeze out is over.

Ive booked! At last! Thanks for the help guys! Lost the will to live with priceline! So used your HOTWIRE link and booked 3* FW - as expected this was the Holiday Inn. happy with that. paid $143/night, which was more than I initially hoped to pay but frankly it is worth it after the annoyance of PRICELINE refusing to take every single card I have ( but taling 15 mins to tell me!) lol

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you finally got this settled and you're happy with the results.

Please do add the amenities shown before your purchase to this thread.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hiya, sorry for forgetting the amneties! Here they are:

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities

High-speed Internet Access

Yes, changed my mind a few times since I first started looking but at least I got there in the end! haha. thanks all

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]