Priceline Hotel: Advice pls! - London 4 weeks December!

cipher
By cipher,
in

Hi,

I am going to be in London for 4 weeks from the 12/7-01/02 working :) in the bloomsbury area. I would ideally like to stay in a 4* hotel. I have checked out all the hotels in the list for that zone and am happy with all of them. (I know I could get one not one the list though..). I have about a month until I arrive, so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Any strategies will be recorded back on the forum. I used priceline back a few years ago and stayed at the Melia white house (4*) for an absolute bargain. I hope to achieve the same experience. :)

Thanks,

Nick.

I'd suggest starting around $80. Do separate bids (starting with a new browser each time) for each week of your stay. The time between Christmas and New Year is likely the lowest-price time, so I'd maybe choose dates in there to start. You could then try the Extend a Night feature if you are successful and happy with what you got. You could try three weeks at once, since Priceline allows that, but I think that would lower your chances quite a bit.

Weekend nights are probably also cheaper, but I don't know if you'd want to separate out weekends.

Wow, quick response!

Split it up, yeah that makes sense.. umm.. Considering that this is busy holiday period, do you think prices will be less on weekends? I wouldnt want to move in/out every couple of days. How about ...

12/7-12/19

12/20-12/24

12/25-01/03

Yeah, I think I will try that.

Cheers guys.

Nick.

I wouldn't fix too much on special periods.. maybe just use it as a starting point with one week in the middle and then you can you the "change dates" function in a lot of combinations to get (more or less) free rebids to approach the needed minimum price... later-on you can add the weeks/days before and after...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]