Priceline Hotel: Bidding for Ramsey again...

heinous
By heinous,
in

Don't know if you're willing to travel a bit to get to work (and it appears that this is only for 2 days rather than the full week) but friend's of my family really enjoyed their stay at the RADISSON PARAMUS. (review and pictures at RealHotelPhotos.com is coming)

You'll be heading north in the morning so there shouldn't be much traffic and at the end of the day when you're heading south you'll be exiting just where the traffic usually begins.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hmm... looks like a nice place - and they have hi-speed internet! :) But I think it's a bit far for me to go. I have early meetings, and I tend to run late in the mornings because I'm on Pacific time.

I think I'll shoot for the Doubletree Mahwah or the Residence Inn Saddle River. By the way - I posted the Doubletree Mahwah win last week - did you add it to the list?

Thanks again for all your help! You're great! :)

Using Hotwire, North Bergen (NJ) - Rockland County (NY) zones, there is a 2* property that looks like the Wellesley Inn for $60, the amenities include: Continental Breakfast and Guest Laundry. Walk out price is $ 72 a night and there is no mention of high speed internet. Note that there is a Wellesley Inn located in Suffern, NY which appears to be the same zone. Even though I am on Eastern Time, I agree with you and don't like to drive too far to my first meeting. Thereuare is right in that the traffic in the morning is moving southbound and going north you should not hit much traffic.

Also, in the same zone, there is a 3.5 * property featuring the following:

Pool

Exercise equipment

High-Speed Internet Access

Tennis Nearby

Business Center

Laundry Facilities

This could be the Pearl River Hilton, a really nice property that I stayed in a few years ago, your Walk Out price is $86 per night, except you don't get the Wellesley Continental Breakfast! :)

Just as a point of reference, depending where in Ramsey your office is, it should be about a 15 minute trip. One advantage of this property is that it's adjacent to a decent sized mall, so it gives you something to do in the evening if you have time on your hands.

Not pushing this property, just giving you information so that you can make an informed decision... you know your morning habits best (and how tolerable your company is to 'lateness').

Let us know whatever you end up with.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Wow! Thanks for all the suggestions! I usually find better prices on Priceline, so sometimes I forget about Hotwire, but I'll check those out.

I did look into the Radisson Paramus - it shows that it's 20 minutes from where I need to be. That's still a little far for me in the mornings - I'm not a morning person. Thanks for the suggestion though! It does look like a great place.

I'll let you know what I end up doing! Thanks again to everyone!

OK, I bid again today. I couldn't bring myself to raise the bids because my backup at the Wellesley Inn is just such a good deal.

Bid $55 for 3*, rejected

Bid $50 for 2.5*, rejected

Bid $30 for 2*, rejected

My cancellable backup at the Wellesley Inn is the Entertainment rate of $49/night, which totals to $111 with taxes. That's equivalent to a $45 Priceline bid. It's not the nicest place, but it's clean, and the breakfast is pretty good. It's a good deal for anyone who might be looking for a place in this area and can't get a Priceline deal.

I'm planning to go for the chicken parm! :) I've never had one, so I'm intrigued. Thanks again to everyone here!

:) Thumbs up on the chicken parm hero!! That was definitely worth the trip. I probably didn't need to get the large, but I ate it all anyway! They use good bread and they toast it in the oven so it gets all nice and crispy. They put in plenty of chicken and cheese. Very yummy! The large is pretty big, and it's only $6.

Thanks again to thereuare for the recommendation!

Thanks for the follow-up.... glad to hear you enjoyed it.

As it's really a 'nothing' type of place (and it lacks the 'wow' factor of Kinchley's) i was concerned that perhaps i talked it up a bit too much... but for my $6 there are very few better sandwiches to be found anywhere.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]