Does Priceline ever show new customers mercy?

canadianpilgrim
By canadianpilgrim,
in

Does Priceline ever show new customers mercy? My very first sucessful bid 30 minutes after registering @ Priceline and I put in the wrong dates. I put in my check in date as the same date as my flight, not the night before. Of course, I didn't notice it until I read my confirmation email.

Anyone ever receive a date change by a day?

I was waiting for it to be mostly resolved before posting anything.

So here is the resolution. (Which I'm fairly happy with.)

Seeing as I was a first time customer and other extentuating circumstances, I got the following:

"You do not have an option to change the travel dates of your reservation. However, we are able to make a one-time exception and cancel your reservation for a fee. Please respond to this e-mail as soon as possible with your approval to cancel your reservation. It is very important that you contact us before your current check-in date..."

"We have received the information for your new hotel request and verified that you followed the rules necessary in order to receive a refund for the cancellation fee. Per the cancel-resubmit instructions we provided, we have processed a refund for the cancellation fee that was charged when we cancelled your original hotel request, minus a flat $25 change fee. Your refund will be processed by our system within 1 business day. Please note, however, that your bank may withhold the refund from your account for up to 5 to 10 business days. If the refund has not posted to your account within 10 business days, we would suggest contacting your bank for further assistance."

There is a form to fill out to get reimbursed for cancellation/changes.

"If your new request is accepted, please fill out the Service Request Form and we will respond to you via email within 24 hours. Once we confirm your new accepted request meets the requirements, we will refund the entire amount of your cancellation fee minus the change fee (if applicable). If the guidelines are not met, your cancellation fee cannot be refunded."

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]