Priceline Hotel: 2* Augusta (North) Jameson Suites

beachgurl
By beachgurl,
in

OK, I didn't HAVE to be here in Augusta, anywhere in an hour radius would have worked, so I spent a little time trying some combinations for a deal. There were very few other Augusta posts of winning bids and I've always been curious if there were deals to be had.

tried 3 days 7-21 to 24 3* Augusta North for $37, Added free re-bid Ft. Gordon for $39, added free-rebid West for $41. not successful

tried 2 days 7-21 to 23 3* Augusta North for $42, Added free re-bid Ft. Gordon for $43, added free-rebid West for $45, not successful again.

on to a 2.5*...

tried 3 days 7-21 to 24 2.5* Augusta North for ....same series, unsuccessful.

on to a 2*...

tried 3 days 7-21 to 24 2* Augusta North and won the Jameson Suites

price on their website is 109.

Used PRICELINE link from home page.

quick update on quality in person...

This is off of 20 at exit 200. Tons of construction on 20- all through Augusta. Easy to see and drive to. Doesn't look like much from the freeway.

Parking is plentiful and front lobby area is very nice and stylish. Pool is very clear and pleasant. Laundry facilties are high efficiency front loaders. Front desk service is better than many. Guest Market in lobby with soft drinks, snacks and some frozen. No vending on floors. Ice machines on 2 floors. Full size fridge and micro in room with prep area.

Rooms are fully updated and frankly have a look considerably above most 2 and many 2.5 star properties. There is a seating area across from the kitchen prep area with sofa bed/ corner sectional with large coffee table. Work desk area for two- two complete desks/ chairs. Bed is upgraded pillow top style with very nice bedding. Plenty of subdued lamps. Pleasant, updated decor. Nice size closet, cabinets and even the tub/tile/flooring in bath are redone. No yucky grout here. Very clean.

Comp. breakfast in lobby. Looks like this will be the property I will try to get whenever visiting in Augusta.

As a price comparison...not only is this a great value, but the Motel 6 in this area has a daily $45 rate and I've seen the halls and inside the rooms...just say no.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]