Priceline Hotel: 3* San Francisco (USE) Chancellor Hotel

Colfax
By Colfax,
in

On 7/12 I tried Add a Night for 7/13 and was refused without a counteroffer.

$60 for 3* was rejected in USE, USW, SOMA, and Embarcadero.

I switched to Civic Center zone and won the Whitcomb for 7/13 for $45, which I'll post separately.

My room at the Chancellor had one queen bed and it was a decent sized room for an older hotel with desk and chair, two reading chairs, reasonably fresh decor, large walk in closet, new flatscreen TV. The hotel does NOT have central AC but there's a ceiling fan overhead, and that was adequate the day I was there when temps were high 70's.

The Chancellor is a generous hotel---fresh coffee and tea free in the lobby all day; free newspapers (including the Sunday paper); free highspeed. Checkin package included a 10% coupon for Cafe Luque (the hotel's restaurant) and 2-for-1 cocktail coupon for the lobby bar. Even a free umbrella in the room.

The Chancellor has a good parking deal too, at least by Union Square standards. Chancellor guests can park at 450 Sutter Street Garage around the corner for $22/day, with in/out privileges, and you can keep your car in the garage until 4pm after a noon checkout. I asked the attendant if that deal is available when I'm not staying at the Chancellor, and he said "No, $35". Chancellor also offers valet parking for $29/night.

The cable car passes in front of the Chancellor and rooms overlooking Powell probably get a lot of street noise. I didn't request a quiet room but they gave me a room overlooking an interior courtyard and I couldn't hear the cable cars at all. In the TripAdvisor reviews some people comment they really enjoyed hearing the cable cars, so being on the front of the hotel isn't necessarily a bad thing. With the cable noise comes a better view. Other people can't stand the noise.

Overall a good budget hotel, clean, profesionally run, very central location.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]