Priceline Buyer beware

blynn1
By blynn1,
in

I am new to these boards and new to priceline. I thought I did my homework and got a list of hotels that have been reported on this forum. I wanted at least a 2.5 star. I thought that is what I bid for. I was told that I bid on a 2 star. Anyway.... what I got was a 1 star according to this website the Priceline Hotel List- Virginia. I was VERY disappointed. I also learned that it is a pet motel and they cannot guarantee a pet- free room. I also asked about upgrading to two beds and learned that I will have to pay the FULL price for the room. UGH!! Pet odors and all!! I have learned my lesson well. No more priceline for me! I have used Hotwire in the past and have been extremely pleased. Also, they have no cots!! Anyway.. just a warning to everyone here. I didn't know they sold smelly pet rooms! What if you have allergies?

As per Our Rules and Policies

While we welcome both positive and negative experiences, please keep in mind that the spirit of this message board is helping users.

If you have a complaint, problem, or question with a recent or upcoming Priceline/Hotwire stay, we will be happy to do what we can to help, but please be considerate of the board's primary goal of helping others and first post the details of your 'win.'

Please post the details of your win to the board and we'll then add our thoughts regarding your questions above.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

I am new to these boards and new to priceline. I thought I did my homework and got a list of hotels that have been reported on this forum. I wanted at least a 2.5 star. I thought that is what I bid for. I was told that I bid on a 2 star. Anyway.... what I got was a 1 star according to this website the Priceline Hotel List- Virginia. I was VERY disappointed. I also learned that it is a pet motel and they cannot guarantee a pet- free room. I also asked about upgrading to two beds and learned that I will have to pay the FULL price for the room. UGH!! Pet odors and all!! I have learned my lesson well. No more priceline for me! I have used Hotwire in the past and have been extremely pleased. Also, they have no cots!! Anyway.. just a warning to everyone here. I didn't know they sold smelly pet rooms! What if you have allergies?

Does not sound like you did much reasearch to me.

I have been at five star hotels that allowed pets.

• 9 months later...

Actually I was new to this board, however, I did do my research. I understand that some hotels allow pets in SOME rooms. But this particular hotel did not offer ANY pet-free rooms. Anyone with common sense would know that there are people that travel that are allergic to pet dander so it made sense to me to expect that I could request a pet-free room.

In following up with this, I was given a refund for this hotel because of that exact reason.

Your "didn't do your homework" was a pretty snotty response especially to someone new on these boards. My advice would be to be a little gentler and kinder with your remarks. You could turn people off with comments like that.

You joined Better Bidding almost a year ago, so I would not call yourself new to this board? You should have known from the get go that there was a chance that you could have got a room with one queen or king bed! It does not sound like you would have been happy with this win even if the hotel did not allow animals, as you were in need of a room with two beds which is never guaranteed. I don't care how you book, or where you stay, there is always a chance that you will get a room that has housed a pet and not even know it. I think a better title for this thread would have been I used the hotel list from BB and got a hotel I didn't expect or want. I have used PL over 100 times and only about 2-3 times have I got a hotel that I was not expecting. Each of those hotels were more then acceptable but I watch the board and do my research.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]