CA San Francisco Westin Market Street SOMA-Market Center

sfntvintx
By sfntvintx,
in

Not sure if hotel reviews go here, but thought I'd comment on my stay. Overall, very nice. Friendly, accommodating staff. One word of warning. When you book for 2 adults and 2 kids, you're not necessarily guaranteed a room with two beds. We got there late Friday night and were told all the 2 queen rooms were "committed" so they offered us an upgrade to a 26th floor "premier" room with a king and a rollaway. If my kids were any bigger (they're 9 and 6), that would've been a problem, but it worked for us. We asked if we could switch the next day if a 2 bed room became available and they said yes. However, after the first night we just decided to stay put. Great view, big room, nice bath products, nice water pressure, big flat-screen TV. Heavenly bed was lovely, but the pillows were waaaay too soft for our tastes (and necks).

They even emptied the minibar out when we asked for a mini-refrigerator and were told they were out. Not sure what "non-premier" rooms are like, but I wonder how noisy it would be further down. We could hear street noise on the 26th floor (which didn't bother me because I like city sounds, but may bother those who don't.)

Valet Parking comes to about $55 a night with tax and tip, so we only parked there the first night to drop all our stuff off after an exhausting day at Santa Cruz. The next three nights we parked at the Jessie Square Garage next door for $25 a night. There's also a garage across the street for $20 for 24 hours.

If you like public transportation (I do, my husband does not), two bus lines across the street will take you to Fisherman's Wharf via North Beach-- the 9x is more direct. The 30 Stockton will take you through Chinatown. We didn't go to the Museum of Modern Art, but it's one block away.

Anyway, good location and nice hotel, but I think next time we may try to get a hotel with a pool that's closer to Fisherman's Wharf as it seems more kid-friendly. (Free wi-fi would be nice too.)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]