NY NYC Marriott Marquis MTW

ezed
By ezed,
in

PL bid (finally) accepted on 9/21/04 for 2 rooms for 10/18/04 for 2 nites stay; $160.

We have returned from our NYC trip and enjoyed it all. We especially enjoyed the Marriot NY Marquis hotel. The hotel is located very near Broadway and Times Square, a very busy area. But this is a huge building, the lobby is on the 8th floor, so the guests are somewhat insulated from the busy street scene. We asked for non-smoking rooms as high as possible and they put us on the 35th floor, with an outstanding view. Beds and all were very comfortable.

• 3 months later...

We booked the Marriott Marquis on Priceline last January at a bargain $115 per night. Certain reviews of this hotel have been less than complimentary but we had a fabulous stay. I am aware that some hotels treat discounted stays with less than courteous respect, but this was definitely not the case here. I rang the hotel about a month before & asked that they note that we were a honeymoon couple (just in case - I am also a Marriott club member). Well, it paid off. The check-in supervisor upgraded us to a Junior Suite on the 12th floor (Room 1204) & the room was at least double the size of a standard hotel room. We had a view down 46th St all the way to the Hudson River & over to NJ.

The location of the hotel cannot be faulted - right in the middle of Times Square, which seems to never shut down. We ate breakfast from Starbucks on the 8th floor most mornings & it was excellent. We didn't eat lunch or dinner in the hotel because there are so many other excellent places around (Les Halles, Sequoia & The Heartland Brewery come to mind). We did have a drink in the newly opened The View revolving restaurant & bar - prices would make you wince but the view is spectacular!

Checkout was very smooth - a final account was left under our door at 8am & when we went to check out, there was a staff member at the express checkout counter who did the job in 10 seconds!

Lifts... the longest we had to wait was 6 minutes & that was because there was a convention on & the delegates refused to use the escalators to get from the 6th to the 8th floor!

Fab experience & I would be delighted to stay here again

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]