Priceline Hotel: 2* Phoenix (Chandler) La Quinta

Willow Branch
By Willow Branch,
in

Just wanted to let you know that I won LaQuinta in Chandler (2*) for $31.00 per night for November 24 - 28 (4 nights).

I do have a question...I understand part of the rebidding process, ie if you are bidding for a 3*, you can use zones that only go up to a 2 star for a rebid. HOWEVER, what I do not understand is, while I was bidding for a 2* in Chandler, could I have also used "Carefree" for a free rebid since it has only 4*, Resorts, & 5*??

THANKS!!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Thank you for sharing your winning bid and results with the rest of the board.

Was $31 your first bid or were you rejected first at lower levels?

You can't add "Carefree" as a re-bid zone since the quality level you select is the minimum you are willing to accept, so if your bid is high enough Priceline can (and will) upgrade you to a hotel in the other zone.

There are some who would say (in your example) that there is no way a 4*, 5*, or Resort hotel would accept a $30 bid so it's ok to add it, but personally i don't like to do that. I usually plan enough of a lead time in my reservations that i don't need to take any unnecessary chances.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I had started my bid at $27.00; I was countered by Priceline to add $7.00 & I would get it (or whatever wording they use!). I changed the date & bid $30.00; was rejected.

After 3 days, I bid again & was accepted for the $31.00.

The bad part about wanting a cheap hotel is that one really cannot do any rebidding with the different zones!!

Thanks for the advice about "Carefree"; your comment was the exact reason why I did not use it as a free rebid. However, will they really upgrade you from a 2* to a 3*?? I have not read anything about this. I thought that they would just bump you up one step if they upgraded you (like from 2* to 2 1/2*, or from 3* to 4*).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]