How do you keep track of the 24 hour waiting period?

gr8aunt
By gr8aunt,
in

Is there a way to click on something under My Trips or elsewhere to see the time I last bid? I am presently bidding for hotels in 3 different cities and for a car in a 4th city and it is terribly frustrating to enter all the Priceline bidding info only to discover that I am locked out. Grrr...I guess I should have written it down but am open to any tips you folks have on how you keep track of the time you last placed your bids.

The timestamp on the rejection email from PRICELINE is probably an accurate way to keep track (but please remember to NOT use the links supplied in the email, please return here and use our PRICELINE link... THANKS!)

Aha...so that's how you get the time. See, I never see the rejection email as it goes to hubby's inbox. Ever so often he'll express his annoyance at receiving constant Priceline notifications on the days I bid...but he sure does like the savings! Too bad Priceline doesn't list the time on the My Trips page. Oh well, guess I'll just need to note the time from now on. Thanks for your quick reply:)

If you have lots of time left for your bidding, I like just bidding every other day. Then I don't even have to try to remember the exact time.

Alternatively, I keep a little document out on my desk top and record date, time, bid amount, and any counter-offers each time I bid. Sometimes I am working a multiple stream of bids, maybe 5*, 4* and 3* with lower amounts at the lower star levels (increasing each * level each day in small increments). This definitely saves on the memory effort.

Romelle

I used to use the timestamp on my rejection emails to mark when my 24 hour lockout was over, but no more.

For the last several months my rejection emails from Priceline have been arriving erratically---occasionally arriving within minutes of my bids but more often they take 15-30 minutes. Sometimes they take longer than that, arriving several hours later, or even the next day. And some bids never seem to generate a rejection email at all. The timestamp on these late emails shows the time Priceline sent the email, NOT the time that I placed my bid.

Using the timestamps on my rejection emails to mark 24 hours would cause me, in many instances, to wait much longer than was necessary to bid again.

So I've gone back to manually tracking my 24 hour lockouts, with scratchpad and pencil.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]