Hotel near BUD?

zbenye
By zbenye,
in

Thank you. The cheapest there is $73.75, so I might as well go the Priceline way, stay at a good hotel for $60 and spend more on the taxi.

My return trip is so terrible, you'd laugh:

10/31 Tel Aviv to Budapest via Rome, wait 9 hours and then

11/1 Budapest to San Francisco via Frankfurt and Portland.

All because I wanted to visit Budapest on my way to Tel Aviv.

But:

SFO-BUD-SFO + BUD-TLV-BUD = $930 total

while:

SFO-TLV-SFO = $1280

So I get to visit another country and save a bunch of $$$ while at it. So what if the return trip has 4 connections... :)

Will definitely be getting FFMs. I gave up on Priceline after bidding up to $100 less (total with taxes) than published fares ($541 on united.com was the lowest total for SFO-BUD, with UA and LH flights). Priceline Air is pretty much useless. Only got one ticket in four years, and the savings were nothing to write home about.

For BUD-TLV, SideStep.com was the only site that found me the $338 ticket. All other sites quoted over $500. I love SideStep. It took me to OneTravel.com to book the ticket (Malev and Alitalia flights, paper ticket required - add $19). I didn't like that OneTravel.com took 24 hours to confirm if they could actually purchase the fare. While waiting for them to get back to me, I was holding off booking the transatlantic flight and was worried about missing out on the low fare for that.

Hey I had an error above! Both tickets just $898...

So what does one do in Hungary for 5 days?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]