Priceline Hotel: NYC (10/21-10/26)

annodell2
By annodell2,
in

I would appreciate any advice for a trip to NYC next week (10/21-10/26). We have to be at the UN for a tour at 9:00 am on the 22nd. Our lodging fell through last minute. I have attempted 4* MTE, MTW, UM/CPS at $130 with no luck. Also, I ventured to 3* in Jersey City at $60 with no luck. I am willing to spend about 150-175 per night in New York. If I go with New Jersey, I want to realize big savings. Thanks for any help you could give.

I'll take a closer look at your dates after a bit more info, but from helping others the last few weeks i know that these dates are going to be very tough to be successful within your price range for a 4* hotel.

If you fail at the 4* level within your price range above, would you sooner raise your bid or lower your star rating to the 3* level.

Also, SPLITTING YOUR BID may help you get at least part of your stay at a 4* hotel within your price range, is that a possibility?

Let us know your thoughts on the above and i'll take a closer look at your specific dates and possible strategies.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

As long as the 3* would not place us in an uncomfortable spot in terms of safety, I would definitely consider it. This is our first trip to NYC, so our biggest concern is safety, not luxury. Also, our stay could be cut down by one night to leave on the 25th. Ideally, we could stay in mid-town for at least four nights even if the hotel is not as upscale. I would consider splitting the trip up as well. Thanks, again.

The 3* hotels will be in the same geographic boundaries as the 4* hotels, so i don't think safety is a concern. As with most 'tourists', i would recommend beginning with the MTE, MTW, and UM/CPS zones; you can learn more about all of them from the thread i wrote NYC ZONE DESCRIPTIONS.

In order to begin, which would you prefer.... splitting your bid to see what dates you can get at the 4* level or a complete stay at the same hotel at the 3* level?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This is what i would try (although the rate change over the course of your stay adds to the difficulty of a Priceline acceptance). You have one re-bid available at the 3* level. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read PRICELINE REBIDDNG EXPLAINED and feel free to ask any questions that you may have (or confirm your re-bid zones with the board if you want to make sure).

Select 3* UM/CPS and...

Bid $150, if rejected add MTW and...

Bid $160, if rejected add MTE and...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $175.

If the above is rejected you can try to split the bid, or Hotwire shows a 3* hotel in the MTC zone with restaurant and fitness icons (only these two icons) for $185. Assuming you have never bought from Hotwire in the past you can use a HOTWIRE $10 OFF BONUS MONEY CODE to bring this down to $175/nite. I highly suspect this hotel to be the Park Central, and you can read reviews of this property HERE and also these comments from BETTER BIDDING USERS.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Using Sidestep, the Radisson Lexington Hotel has a rate of $149 for the first 3 nights and $209 for the 4th and 5th night, 511 Lexington Ave, near 48th Street. This is for a standard room 1-2 persons, a Petite room is $139.00. I am not familiar with this hotel, but it looks like a good location not too far from the UN. This is a 3* property.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]