New to Better Bidding & Priceline

KRXNLS
By KRXNLS,
in

Hope I'm posting this in the correct spot on the board. Please let me know if it should be ssomewhere else.

I know of several Canadians who have used Priceline but it doesn't seem to work for me. Also on another Bidding Help site there are instructions how to do this. But, I just don't seem able to do it.

Suggestions and hints would be very much appreciated.

Thanks so much for the responses. I'm using my daughter"s mastercard (and her address and phone number) as I have only Visa which I've been told won't work.Message is "we were unable to authorize your card"

I did use my own e-mail adress so that the confirmations would come to me. Could this be the problem.

Also Priceline asks for the 3 0r 4 digit code on the back of the Credit card. Mastercard has 7 numbers on the back. It was suggested to use the last 3 so I did that.

Yes, I'ne now read Priceline Tips for Canadians and will try the suggestions again for sure. I just want to feel really comfortable that its going to work before I use up more bidding room. Many thanks

Some Canadian Mastercards don't work. Mine does, but other people have reported a lack of success. American Express appears most likely to work for Canadians. I haven't heard of anyone succeeding with a Canadian VISA at Priceline.com although I think someone succeeded with a German one.

If you can't use any of these on Priceline.com, keep in mind that you can almost certainly use Priceline.co.uk . However, you will have to wait 72 hours from your bid in order to bid again (assuming you don't have any rebid zones), because it will be picked up as a duplicate. Of course you will have to be sure to adjust for the different currency in your bid.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]