Hotwire Hotel: 3* Seattle (Southcenter-Tukwila-Renton) Larkspur Landing

motegirl
By motegirl,
in

I've been using Priceline to find a hotel for a 10 night stay in Seattle so I can care for my son after his surgery. The dates are 6/21-7/1/09. I see that there are only 3 hotels in the Lake Union area at the 3* level, and 2 of them offer kitchens in the room, very helpful to me in caring for him post-op. I decided to take a shot, as my odds of getting what I want are 2 of 3, and the non-PRICELINE rate of $149/night is too high for my budget. I tried bidding $70, then $80, then $85 without success. I will bid again tomorrow through the BB PRICELINE links, but as your members have won much lower rates in Seattle, I wonder if my date span is the problem. I'm not experienced with HOTWIRE, so I haven't tried it on this trip.

I hope your son recovers well.

The main problem with Lake Union is that it's hard to win bids there at all, and most of the bids people win are for short stays. I doubt a single long stay has been posted for Lake Union.

Will you have a car when you are there?

I think that Homewood Suites (either the Pike Street location or the other one close to the Space Needle) would also work well for you, because they have kitchens.

Also, the Marqueen that I stayed at a few months ago has full kitchens. (So does the Inn at Queen Anne, but that is a 2* hotel.) Note that the Marqueen has no elevator, so far as I can see. I think the Inn at Queen Anne also lacks elevators.

Springhill Suites has a microwave, fridge, and dishwasher, but not a full kitchen.

With Priceline there is the possibility of not getting enough beds, and two, you could very easily not get a kitchen. I haven't looked for a while, but I think with at least one of the Lake Union known options, there can be problems getting two beds.

Wherever you end up staying, Whole Foods will probably be a convenient location for you to pick up some prepared food that's pretty reasonably priced.

I've been trying to get a hotel through Priceline in Seattle 6/21-7/1/09 and striking out royaly. Thanks to WillTravel for the earlier feedback...I'm an internet newby and couldn't find your message when I went to reply. I have added the Univ. District and Downtown to my original Lake Union zone, and bid from $70 to $85 to $87(3*) without luck( I decided it was the length of stay that was the problem and broke my dates, bidding on these zones for the dates 6/23-6/30, figuring I could stay near the airport for the last night and find something else for the first 2 nights). My son's surgery is scheduled for 6/24, and I need a hotel with an elevator for him, wireless internet, and one near a source of healthy prepared food(eg., Whole Foods, as per WillTravel's suggestion), or with a kitchen. We will have his car, so parking is an issue.

Is there some big event in Seattle during these times that I don't know about? My husband just stayed at the Lake Union Residence Inn through Priceline for $85/night, and that was Memorial Day weekend!

I need a hotel with an elevator for him, wireless internet, and one near a source of healthy prepared food(eg., Whole Foods, as per WillTravel's suggestion), or with a kitchen. We will have his car, so parking is an issue.

PRICELINE and HOTWIRE are good when you're flexible in your plans and need a hotel... not necessarily when you have specific needs (which appear to be the case here)

As posted above, i would first try a HOTWIRE search to see if there is anything which is within your budget and has the amenities you desire... from there you can try to reasonably identify to further comfirm that it will likely meet your needs.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know if you turn up anything on your HOTWIRE search.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

After days of trying Priceline for more central location(Last rejected bid $102 bid today for 3* Lake Union, Seattle Center, Univ. District) and speaking directly with reservations clerk at Residence Inn Lake Union (who said reservations were "tight" because of high season, no particular event) AND kind help from BB, I successfully booked this stay (note that it is the whole 10 day span) on HOTWIRE through BB at Larkspur Landing, which has the kitchenette I need. Thanks so much for all your help!

Congratulations on your win and happy to hear the board was helpful with this purchase.

Pretty fantastic deal, especially considering the length of the stay (and free breakfast.) This rate is also a very nice discount off the $121 regular rate.

Can you confirm which amenities were showing with this property on HOTWIRE when you purchased it?

Thank you for sharing your win with the board. Please use the site's HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links.

Enjoy your stay.

Amenities listed for Larkspur Landing (upcoming trip 6/21-7/1/09): Suite, fitness center, high-speed internet access, airport shuttle, business center, kitchenette, complimentary breakfast, laundry facilities. Sorry about the omission. Purchased at $69/night on 6/2/09.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]