Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* San Francisco (Union Square East) Sir Francis Drake

rsvedin
By rsvedin,
in

Hi,

I'm a long time lurker on this board...never registered but I have used the PRICELINE link before. Anyways, finally decided to register and share my experience.

No luck so far on SF but will keep updating this topic until I finally get a room.

I'm going to SF from 10/1 to 10/4. Ideally I would like to stay in Union Square (E or W...doesn't matter). Depending on the variance in cost, I would stay at Fisherman's Wharf.

Anyways...here's my bid history so far:

Name Your Own Price Offer History (most recent offer on top)

check-in check-out areas selected minimum star level bid

10/1/2009 10/2/2009 Union Square East, Union Square West - Nob Hill 3-Star $65

10/2/2009 10/4/2009 Union Square East, Union Square West - Nob Hill 4-Star $85

10/1/2009 10/3/2009 Union Square East, Union Square West - Nob Hill 4-Star $80

None have been accepted so far

Thanks!

Ryan

Is there a reason you haven't tried bidding for your complete stay of 10/1-10/4?

You bid for a 3* first... what is your maximum bid at this star level? What is your maximum bid at the 4* level? Do you prefer a lower priced 3* vs. a higher priced 4 star? How high do you want to go for each before considering the Fishermans Wharft zone?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please also read about re-bidding on the BB FAQ section. You have a lot more bids available to you and you have wiggle room to get a great place. There are lots of free rebids at the 4*. 3.5* and 3* level.

Thanks for the feedback! I forgot about that section. I did bid for my entire stay at the beginning. I actually had more than those 3 bids displayed but for some reason it wasn't displayed on the email I received from priceline so only posted those bids which were listed. I'll let you know what I get.

On another note...I'd really like to keep below $90 per night for 4* or around $70 for 3*. I can be flexible if needed..but that's my goal :)

I'm in no rush to get the room. I figure I'll keep trying over the next few weeks unless I get lucky

Name Your Own Price Offer History (most recent offer on top)

check-in check-out areas selected minimum star level bid

10/1/2009 10/4/2009 Union Square East 4-star $88

10/1/2009 10/4/2009 Union Square East, Union Square West - Nob Hill 4-star $88

10/2/2009 10/4/2009 Union Square East, Union Square West - Nob Hill 4-star $90

10/1/2009 10/3/2009 Union Square East, Union Square West - Nob Hill 4-star $92

Not sure your needs for this stay, but if you're willing to drop a little in star level what appears to be the Sir Francis Drake is available thru HOTWIRE for $78/nite and gets pretty good reviews.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us updated as to yoru progress or if we can be of any help along the way.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that we were able to help. Hope you're you're happy with the results and this works well fro your plans.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

• 2 months later...

You were smart to book this for $78 far in advance, rsvedin. I'm looking for 10/2-10/4 now, a subset of your dates, and Hotwire doesn't have a 3.5* in USE anymore.

All they've got is:

4.5* $243

4* $159

3* $189

So far I've also bid up to $90 for 3.5* in USE on PRICELINE, without luck.

Sir Francis Drake is up to $249 now, and you got it for 1/3 of that.

Usually I like to book close to my travel dates but here's an example where booking in advance would have been better. My trip is still a few weeks away. We'll see if rates come back down again. I'll post a separate thread when I win something.

(note to mods: this is a Hotwire thread in the Priceline section.)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]