Priceline Hotel: Need Help

mdchinkboi
By mdchinkboi,
in

I'm tryin' go to New York on 10/18/2004 and stay for two nites until 10/20/2004

My question is I want to choose La Guardia Airport Location and 3 stars.

It says that the retail price is $209.

I wonder what should I bid?? Do ya'll think if I bid $80 dollars would be enough??

thanks

its for my gf's birthday and for some reason.. she loves goin' to Flushing.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

It's one thing to go to Flushing... it's another to stay there!

Are you sure you know what you're getting yourself into by staying in the LGA zone? The area is not very safe at nite to be walking around aimlessly.

Ignore the suggested retail price screen. If you confirm that indeed you want to stay in the LGA area (although i really don't recommend it) we'll be happy to supply a bidding strategy.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There is now a lot more Korean in Flushing too!

My advice would be to stay in Manhattan (but be forewarned, prices may be expensive) and go to dinner in Flushing if you so desire. In my opinion this would be more desirable than staying in Flushing (albeit more expensive as well).... but it will give you things to go see/do during the day and nite too. I think that if you stay in Flushing you will not venture too far from the hotel as any 'excursion' from the hotel would likely require a cab ride.

If you end up staying in NJ you have a few options:

-If you can get to Washington DC (and have a place to park or have a friend drop you off) you can take the bus to NYC. It's a direct trip and can be done inexpensively... as low as $35/pp roundrip! (yes, that's $17.50 each way per person).

-You can drive up and halfway up the NJ Turnpike and park your car at a Park N Ride (inexpensive parking relative to NYC) and then take the train the rest of the way into Manhattan.

Let us know what your thoughts are on any of the above or if you want more info on any of the options discussed.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thanks so much for all those info..

i have come up with a solution of stayin' at the Marquis (sp?) near Times Square (i think)

what would parking be like there?? does the hotel have parking there?? or I should just park at the Park & Ride in NJ and then take the train in..

and also about the Marquis. is it a nice hotel?? cuz my sister told me to stay there cuz she stayed there last time since she is an employee of Marriott..

thanks

I assume she is getting you a discount? (the hotel's website shows $299/nite)

You can call the hotel directly for their actual parking rate, but i would guess it will be in the neighborhood of $35-$40/day.

You can also use the link in this thread: NEW YORK CITY PARKING to find alternate garages in the area of the hotel (instead of using the hotel's garage)

Back to Flushing, if you would like to stay in that neighborhood, check out the Sheraton, it is in the "heart" of the Asian community in Flushing. One of my colleagues stayed there about a year ago and we met for dinner. I asked the desk for a dining recommendation and the clerk produced a list with 9 out of 10 being Hunan, Szechuan, Malaysian cusine, all within walking distance. On another trip, I had dinner at Kum Gang San on Northern Blvd a good Korean Barbecue. There is a municipal surface parking lot across the street from the Sheraton if you just want to visit the neighborhood, and I'm sure that the hotel offers parking for a fee. I am not sure if this property participates in Hotwire or Priceline, but if you really want to stay in Flushing, the Sheraton is the place. I have stayed at the Wyndham Garden LaGuardia hotel using Hotwire, the rate was about $80 or so plus $10 a day for parking, but you will need a car to get around. Walking in this neighborhood is not recommended.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]