Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Los Angeles (Redondo-Manhattan Beach) Crowne Plaza

Colfax
By Colfax,
in

Reported to me by a friend.

First bid of $45 for 3* (hoping for the Residence Inn) was upgraded to the 3.5* Crowne Plaza. Crowne Plaza's best rate is $99.

With $18 parking, $9.95 internet, and $20 breakfast for two a $45 bid accepted by Crowne Plaza ends up costing twice as much as a $45 bid accepted by the Residence Inn.

I just did a search on "Redondo" and found the most recently reported Residence Inn win was in December 2008. So far in 2009 everyone who's bid 3*--six different bidders--has been upgraded.

For bidders trying to avoid parking and internet charges I suggest bidding for a 2.5* in Redondo-Manhattan rather than 3*. There are four known 2.5* in the zone, all with "everything free".

This was their first time at the Crowne Plaza and they report they liked it and would be happy to go back. They didn't need internet, didn't have breakfast at the hotel, and they found free parking on the street a couple blocks away. The extra charges all turned out to be irrelevant, at least for them.

I think their initial disappointment over winning the Crowne Plaza was because for a long time the winning the Residence Inn on PRICELINE was practically a "sure thing", and staying at the ResInn had become almost a tradition. Sometimes their 3* bids were rejected but until now they'd never been upgraded or won a different 3* hotel.

They were at the Crowne Plaza when the earthquake hit on Sunday and they felt it strongly. No injuries or damage to the hotel. In that context I suppose internet and parking charges matter even less.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]