Priceline Hotel: Trip to Boston - 10/17 to 10/22

donhinio
By donhinio,
in

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

First time Better Bidder here. Was in the middle of advice and carrying out a strategy from TOTB, when they found out I was in the UK and bidding using Priceline.co.uk, they then just deleted my post. All they sent me was a link to a post saying they did not help anybody using anything other than the US version, and no other correspondance! Can't believe that, especially as I was in the middle of the strategy they suggested!Thanks!

I did a web search and found this site, does your forum help non US bidders, or should I just re-register on the US site and forget the UK version.

If so, can you guys then offer me a strategy if I give you the details?

Many thanks,

Donhinio.

We don't discriminate... post your info and we'll take it from there.

However, we request that you put your bid amounts in US dollars since that is the currency that most of us deal in and saves us the trouble of doing the conversion (which also may take place at a later time, which would make the exchange rate we use not accurate)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello,

Great, here are the details of my proposed trip:

1) Going to Boston

2) I want to stay in the Back Bay/Copley/Theater District area

3) Date of Hotel Checkin: 17/10/2004 (Sunday)

4) Date of Hotel Checkout: 22/10/2004 (Friday)

5) Number of rooms needed: 1

6) Hotel Quality Level or 'star rating' desired (1-4 or Resort): 4

7) Lowest available rates (as of 28/09/04): Marriott Copley Place - $369.00/night (Travelweb)

$369.00 (hotels own website)

Westin Copley Place (Copley) - $379.00(Travelweb)

$379.00 (hotels own website)

Sheraton Boston (Copley) - $303.15/night (Travelweb)

$303/night (hotels own website)

8 ) Source website(s) of lowest available rates: Travelweb and hotels own website

9) Free re-bidding zones: Three: South Boston, Medford/Somerville and Chestnut Hill-Brookline

10) Maximum willing to bid: $150

Please let me know if I have missed anything.

What strategy would you suggest?

Many thanks,

Donhinio.

Please let me know if I have missed anything.

Yeah, you did, we don't use those forms here. :)

I think that $150 will probably come up short for these dates in this zone, but here is how i would proceed:

Select 4* Back Bay / Copley...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone1 and...

Bid $110, if reejcted add re-bid zone2 and...

Bid $120.

If rejected close that browser and re-access Priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Back Bay / Copley and rebid zone3...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone1 and...

Bid $140, if reejcted add re-bid zone2 and...

Bid $150.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello,

Thanks for the advice, but I have two quick questions before I bid:

1) If realistically in your experience you don't think I will get anything for $150 in that area, and I could manage to stretch to say to a max of say $200 per night, should I reconsider my starting bid?

2) Regarding what you said:

If rejected close that browser and re-access Priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Back Bay / Copley and rebid zone3...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone1 and...

Bid $140, if reejcted add re-bid zone2 and...

Bid $150.

I know I'm a priceline ignoramus, but will it let me rebid on zone 1 and 2 if I have already used them on a previous re bid?

Your help and time is greatly appretiated :) ,

Regards,

Donhinio.

1) If realistically in your experience you don't think I will get anything for $150 in that area, and I could manage to stretch to say to a max of say $200 per night, should I reconsider my starting bid?

Start with the above, if rejected, we can try again in 72 hours.

I know I'm a priceline ignoramus novice, but will it let me rebid on zone 1 and 2 if I have already used them on a previous re bid?

It will if you first bid the Back Bay zone with rebid zone 3. Priceline is looking at your bidding combination... since you had never bid zone3 with the other bidding zones, it's treated as a separate bid.

Does that make sense? (if not, i'll explain more clearly with an example)

Hello All,

Just wanted to let you know that despite going up to $200 per night and using the following zones, I didn't get a room:

Back Bay - Copley - wanted

Chestnut Hill - Brookline - for rebid only

Downtown Boston - Charlestown - wanted

Medford - Somerville - for rebid only

South Boston - for rebid only

Man, this is tough.......

Think I'll have to go and book direct now.

Thanks for all your help anyway, I've learnt loads, even if I didn't get a room!

Regards from sunny London :) ,

Donhinio.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]