Hotwire Hotel: 3* Boston (Quincy Market-Financial District) Bulfinch Hotel

Icky Flix
By Icky Flix,
in

Bonjour,

My name is Fabien, I'm french and I live in Paris.

My girlfriend and I are planning a 3 weeks trip in September.

I have been doing some price simulations for about a month. I am interested in using Priceline or Hotwire for hotel booking but I am a total newbie.

Your advices are very welcome.

I have been reading this forum for several days and I hope I am dealing with this the right way.

So here are the details of our trip (dates are confirmed, plane tickets are booked) :

09/09/2009 : Boston (5 nights)

09/14/2009 : Chicago (3 nights)

09/17/2009 : Indianapolis (1 night)

09/18/2009 : Washington DC (3 nights)

09/21/2009 : Philadelphia (3 nights)

09/24/2009 : NYC (6 nights)

We have an average budget per night of 110 to 120 $

We are looking for hotels (clean and quiet) closed to public transportation.

Do you think our budget is realistic ?

Can you give us some advices using Priceline or Hotwire ?

Thanks in advance for your help (and pardon my french :) )

Fabien

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please use a separate thread for each city... we'll use this one for Boston and you can start NEW TOPICS for each of the others.

Regarding your budget it depends what star class of hotel you're seeking as well as if $110-$120 is a bid/room rate before taxes and fees or "all-in" (meaning including taxes and fees)

For boston, what type of star rating are you seeking?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Searching HOTWIRE for your dates there is a 3.5* in the Boston Common-Theatre District zone for $95/nite which is a match for the Radisson so that would be our best guess adn the reviews are very good.

Would this work for your needs or do you want to try bidding on PRICELINE for any hotel in the zone at the star level you select or better?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have been too slow :) , the offer is no more there ...

What do you suggest ? Should I wait for a while or should I try something else ?

I have been looking at this one also : 3-star hotel in Quincy Market - Financial District for $79. Any idea about the hotel ?

These amenities do match the Holiday Inn Beacon Hill, but the Tripadvisor information does not match, so i'm guessing it is more likely a different hotel with the same set of amenities as the Holiday Inn.

With these limited amenities (avaialble at most 3* hotels in this area) i don't really have much insight, it might be the Bullfinch Hotel, but that's really just a wild guess and don't have too much confidence in it. The one 'saving grace' of this offering is that it does have a 4.0/5.0 Tripadvisor rating which is good and means that guets are typically very satisified with their stay, but it's up to you if you'd like to go with this offering or wait and hope something different, which can be identified, comes along.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel guessed... sometime i get lucky too :)

Reviews of this property seem very good and based upon what you were looking for, should work out quite well for this price. With the hotels you've won so far it look like you're starting to come in a little under your $120/nite average budget.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]