Priceline Hotel: 2* Plainfield Holiday Inn Express

JF1980
By JF1980,
in

Hey,

Need help with a game plan for the area that is called the niantic-norwich-mystic area. My goal is to win the Holiday Inn Norwich like i did last fall. My goal is as close to $60 as possible. I am also open to the 3* hotels in Mystic, and the 3.5 in Groton, and i guess the undetermined 3* in Groton(do you have any guess what the hotel may be?) I am not interested in New London as that seems to be a run down Radisson Hotel.

The trip dates is 7/18/09 - 7/19/09. I need to book 2 rooms. I am ready to start bidding this week unless you think this area will go down in price if I wait.

Thanks!

So to confirm you'd like a 3.5* in the Groton zone... or a 3* in either the Groton or Mystic zones?

Do you have a preference of zone, and if so, are you willing to pay more for that area or for a higher star rating (ie- are you willing to pay more for the higher rated 3.5* in Groton vs. a 3* in either of the other zones) OR is your goal the least expensive hotel out of the three options above?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know and we'll suggest a strategy to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My goal is the 3* Norwich(please note in your first sentence above you didn't mention that i am looking for Norwich too), i am saying if i wind up with 3* Mystic or 3.5* Groton then i won't be mad. Since no 3* Groton has ever been won, i wonder what hotel that is, also there is no 3* Groton if you look up the hotels on the other part of Pricelines website where you know how much it costs to book.

I would rather spend less money to win the Norwich then to win the 3.5* Groton. When I did this back in September 2008 i believe i had 4 free rebid zones, now it appears I only have 2, that is why i would sort of consider Mystic or Groton. Please don't get me wrong i much rather win Norwich then the other 2 zones. If you have suggestions that can keep me close to $60 and in Norwich then i can ignore Groton and Mystic. Also, i don't think it is a rush, so if we wind up having to do 24 hour waiting periods for too many non-winning bids in one day then that is ok. Also I need 2 rooms, does this change things?

Thanks for your help

My goal is the 3* Norwich (please note in your first sentence above you didn't mention that i am looking for Norwich too), i am saying if i wind up with 3* Mystic or 3.5* Groton then i won't be mad.

Please clarify... do you want to first bid for a 3* only in Norwich OR do you want to include Mystic and/or Groton in hopes of a lower price?

If i'm understanding correctly, you would first like to try for a 3* hotel in the Norwich zone, with a maximum bid of $60, is that correct? (if so we'll forget about Groton and Mystic for the time being and cross those bridges if the above is rejected)

Please confirm and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm willing to go over $60, just as close as $60 to possible. I would rather spend $65 for Norwich then $60 in Groton or Mystic. But lets say Norwich can only be had for $90, but Groton or mystic can be had for $70 then i would rather do Mystic or Groton The higher over $60 Norwich may be, the more willing I would consider to go to one of those other towns assuming there is a descent price difference, as I see no point in booking Groton or Mystic for $85 if Norwich is $90. If you think we can start without including Groton or Mystic to see what happens then that is cool with me. Basically, a hotel needs to be booked for that night in that area. So if we have to go over $60 then that is ok. It just seems like a better deal to use PRICELINE then booking a specific hotel in this case for me. I hope I was clear enough, thanks for the help.

We don't know how much cheaper the alternate zones will be relative to the 3* in Norwich, so you'll have to bid them sequentially and stagger the bids (which will become evident as we proceed).

So, to begin, forget about the "what if" scenarios... how much are you willing to bid for a 3* hotel in Norwich, before trying the other zone(s) at lower bid amounts?

When bidding in Norwhcih you have TWO re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

I would start as follows:

Select 3* Norwich...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $45, if rejected close broweser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Norwich and re-bid zone2...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $55

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

24 hours after your last rejected bid i'd try again as follows:

Select 3* Norwich...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $65, if rejected close broweser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Norwich and re-bid zone2...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $75

This will take your up to your $75 limit of only bidding Norwich... if this too is rejected we'll then look at adding the others zone(s)/star ratings.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases. (and please don't use any links in emails that PRICELINE tells you that you're eligible to bid again)

Any questions freel free to ask.

Rejected! i am very surprised...
Why is this that surprising? The one 'known' hotel in this area, the Holiday Inn, starts at $181 for this nite... so you current bid is stll less than half price of conventional rates.

You have plenty of time, so it depends upon how much you want to stay in this area vs. getting this done and being in another zone.

Let us know if you want to wait it out or add the other zone(s) you previously discussed

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases..

I really have no guess if the retail rate is going to come down or stay about the same, or even go up. So I realize I have about 2 months but I really don't know what the means. Unless you really think there is a good chance that prices may come down, I would say lets move forward.

Oh yeah, why am i surprised? because when i got that Holiday inn for like $50, the retail rate was if I remember correctly, was about 2.5 to 3 times higher than the priceline rate.

Thanks!

So for the next step:

Groton offers 3.5* properties and Mystic only offers 3* properties... did you next want to try Groton add the 3.5* level OR did you want to add Mystic at the 3* level? What is your maximum bid for this zone?

Is a Groton 3* something you're interested in as well?

since the 3* groton would be a total surprise on what it is, I would say I would rather stay away from it. Is there any way to do the 3* for Norwich and Mystic as the first part of the next step, and when I get to the point where I close the browser to restart, instead of moving higher with that one, that i do the 3.5* for Groton and i ishould have 5 rebids for that zone, right? If that fails then i go back to the point where i start a new browser through your links and resume the Norwich & Mystic 3* rebids.

Yes, it can be done, but if that's what you want to do, then i suppose $100 is not your maximum bid for the 3* Mystic and Norwich combination bid?

Again, one step at a time... what is your maximum bid for just a 3* bid for Mystic or Norwich, before trying for a 3.5* in Groton.

Yes, it can be done, but if that's what you want to do, then i suppose $100 is not your maximum bid for the 3* Mystic and Norwich combination bid?

Again, one step at a time... what is your maximum bid for just a 3* bid for Mystic or Norwich, before trying for a 3.5* in Groton.

oh sorry, i don't think i understood u last time. Lets call it $90 for now. I am constantly reevaluating along the way here, so that is why my answers are changing.

With your TWO re-bid zones:

Select 3* Mystic...

Bid $60, if rejected close broweser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Mystic and re-bid zone2...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $70, if rejected close broweser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Mystic and Norwich...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $80, if rejected close broweser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Mystic and Norwich and re-bid zone2...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $90

With your TWO re-bid zones:

Select 3* Mystic...

Bid $60, if rejected close broweser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Mystic and re-bid zone2...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $70, if rejected close broweser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Mystic and Norwich...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $80, if rejected close broweser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Mystic and Norwich and re-bid zone2...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $90

nothing!

by the way, i keep forgetting to ask this, since i am booking 2 rooms, they ask you a name for each room, i've been putting my name twice, should i be doing that?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]