NY Buffalo-Niagara Falls Marriott Niagara Buffalo-Amherst

cober6711
By cober6711,
in

This was probably the single best value I've ever gotten off Priceline!!!!

I won this hotel for $49 on Priceline (a sheer bargain to begin with as the regular rate was $189!!!!). Called to specify my preferences (High floor, non-connecting, king bed), and was asked what floor I wanted; I told them I wasn't sure and they blocked a room off on the 10th floor.

Got to the hotel; turns out the 10th floor is the Executive floor; I even had access to the lounge for breakfast!

No mention of PL whatsoever...check in clerk was in a very good mood. Room 1016 was a decent sized room that appeared to have been very recently renovated, with a relatively comfortable (if a little hard for my tastes) bed, and a decent washroom. Internet (not free) kept cutting in and out, but eventually managed to find one connection that was stable.

Breakfast in the lounge was basic but good; it had everything I wanted, and it even had a few hot items such as eggs and ham.

Before submitting your bid in the Airport zone, you definitely want to first try the 3.5* in the Amherst zone!!! Do note that this hotel has a free shuttle to and from the airport...very handy for catching flights, or, in my case, catching the 210 Niagara Falls Express bus (a 45 minute express service right to Niagara Falls from the airport for $2.35)

I would stay here again in a heartbeat!!!!

• 1 year later...

Disclaimer: There was a regional soft ball game going on the weekend I was there, and so it was very busy at the hotel.

Room:

Our room was on the seventh floor and it was very nice! The bed simply amazing, equipped with throw pillows, a soft mattress and a down duvet. It was clean, there was a mini fridge and a flat panel TV.

Amenities:

Wifi in the lobby was free, but it would cost an extra $10 if you wanted it in your room. They showcase an indoor and outdoor pool, but it's really just a single pool, where half is indoors and the other half is outdoors (not a problem, I was just surprised). There is also a jacuzzi. I wanted a nice relaxing swim, but I was met with about 40 kids in the pool, and 10 kids in the jacuzzi... lol

There aren't many places that are walking distance from the hotel. You would have to drive to go to any good restaurants. There was a pizza place close by, but I didn't go so I can't comment.

We had some difficulty getting any sleep because we were right by the elevators. (Perhaps this is specific to Priceline customers, I'm not sure?) Additionally, children would knock on our doors starting at 8:30 in the morning yelling, "Housekeeping!" several times. It was a little bit frustrating when I wanted to sleep in...

So, it was a nice hotel--no doubt! But I think we just happened to book during a very busy weekend.

• 2 years later...

I have stayed here 3 times now with my wife in the past year.

I have always bid through Price line for $60 for a Friday and Saturday nights (2 days)

I always phone immediately after to request an upper floor as we find it to noisy on the first. The first time we were given the terrible room by the elevator/banquet rooms - We asked to be moved which they did. Since then I always phone after booking it to make sure we are given an upper floor (be given 2,3 and 5th)

Free Parking out of the way but close to Amherst Shopping!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]