Priceline Hotel: 2 Adults & 2 Children - Any Issue on Priceline?

danny-bonaducci
By danny-bonaducci,
in

I am about to bid on a room for Disneyland for the family over the 4th of July. We will have two adults and two children, but I noticed that the Priceline rooms are for up to two adults. Do I need to worry about this? If I show up with my family having booked my room via Priceline are there any issues I need to be aware of?

Your chances here would be better, imo, than in some other areas since the hotels here are used to accomodating families (vs. a large city with predominately solo business travelers)... but the July 4th holiday may make occupancy high and make it more difficult to have your requests accomodated.

Bottomline is that it's a risk you'll have to decide if you're willing to take or not.

Once you decide how you'd like to proceed let us know the actual dates of your stay and we'll try assist further.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My dates are as follows:

Check in: 2-July

Check out: 5-July

I would like a 3.5*, and I have seen on HOTWIRE I can get one for $79 per night, based on the description and other information I have read on the Hotwire board, I am pretty sure it is the Hyatt Regency. This would be ideal for us, I am pretty sure I am going to go for it on PRICELINE and take my chances, but it would be good to hear from others about their experiences in terms of how many beds they generally have seen in these Disney area hotels.

We have 1 child so have a similar situation. So far every time we have bid on priceline for a hotel room ( 3 times- once at Anaheim) we have gotten a room with one bed. One place offered to upgrade us for a fee. We solved the issue by tossing in a twin air mattress just in case each time we go. If you have two kids you may want to think camping mats.

Best of luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Last summer I needed a cheap hotel for 1 night before our scheduled Disneyland vacation. I used Priceline and bid $39 for a 2.5* hotel and got Extended stay by the Conference center. My family is me, my boyfriend, and our then 1 yr old daughter. As you know, Priceline provides double occupancy only. So when I called the hotel to confirm my reservation, they told me it was a queen bed studio. My daughter likes to sleep between me and her father so we always request a King bed on vacations. Obviously the queen bed would not suffice. So I asked the front desk if I could upgrade and they were very helpful. They upgraded my room for an additional $10.00 charge. NO biggie! The hotel was okay for a one night stay or business traveler, but not a family hotel. ONe night was fine, but from what I have learned on this wonderful site- I now know that I could have paid that price for a nicer hotel.

Anyways, my point is as the previous post stated, you are taking a chance, but most hotels in this area are not only extremely accomodating, but are set up for families, so you may get a double room. Good luck to ya! :)

• 7 months later...

This maybe late for the poster but it may be useful/helpful for others for future bidding.

Some of the hotels ( or just Hyatt brand?) on Priceline start to play the game against Priceline customer(s)-- or perhaps it's just me ( 4 times in 2009). 4 places, the receptionist declared loudly in front of a a line behind me that my reservation is via Priceline & gave me a room w/ double beds which many family were seeking for. My husband & I traveled couple times sans kids & we requested ahead for queen/king bed. The Hyatt hotels in Newport & San Francisco (2 different ones in different areas) helped us to celebrate our anniversary w/ a double bed? What an idea to get us closer?! :) Each time I nicely insisted that it was our 10th anniversary & press on our request w/ a weary smile. Twice my wish was granted in a not-bad location. Once at the Fisherman's Wharf one, we were stuck at a corner right by the jacuzzi. It would be bad if it was in summer; however, it was Thanksgiving; chilly & we just stayed over night before heading up to Napa thus it was not an issue.

In summary; it all depends on the hotel, they seem to have Priceline/Hotwire rooms assigned. Sometimes a nice request w/ a big smile may get what you wish for; some time not. It doesn't hurt to ask nicely politely. In my experience, Wyndham & Starwood chain hotels tend to have large inventory or rooms available to give you an "upgrade" to what you ask for. Again it all depends on the time also, if there is an huge event & most of the rooms are booked then your chance is slimmer especially you need 2 connecting rooms. :) That happened to us when we checked in late 6PM at the Holiday In in Anaheim; we had the adjacent rooms but not connected which is pretty inconvenient w/ 2 young kids. We had 2 nice connected rooms at the Sheraton at Toronto airport in a breeze when we checked in @ almost 1AM. I love most of the Starwoods hotels.

My 2 cents...

• 2 weeks later...

I used Priceline about 5 times last year for the Disneyland area and was bidding for the 3.5* hotels. I got the Hilton once, Hyatt once, and Crowne Plaza 3 times. At each of the hotels I always got 2 queen beds even though I only had just myself and a friend. Only @ the Hilton did a get a king bed but that was because it was only me and they gave me the choice so I said king since it was just me and that way the queen bed rooms could be used for someone else who actually needed it. That's just been my experience. Oh and one of the times last year was 4th of July weekend and I got 2 queen beds @ the Crowne Plaza with no problems. It could just be that in this particular area all the hotels are prepared for families and expect it.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]