WA Seattle Inn at Queen Anne

WillTravel
By WillTravel,
in

My daughter and I stayed here from April 18-20. Our bid was only $26/night.

I had phoned a couple weeks before to ask for a 2-bed room. The clerk put the request in and said it was subject to availability, but it would probably be no problem. We checked in a bit early on the 18th (just after 2 PM). We got a room with 2 twin beds, a kitchenette, a full bath, and a large walk-in closet. The room was on the smallish side, but perfectly adequate. The property consists of a three-story, two-part brick building (built in 1929) with the two halves separated by a walkway. I think I read somewhere that the building used to be a convent. The walls were a bit thin, but there were no real noise problems. There's a free continental breakfast served in the lobby. I didn't expect it to be a full breakfast, and it isn't, but it's nice to be able to get some coffee, juice, apples, and pastries/breads if you want them. The staff is friendly and helpful.

The location is great, right at the edge of Seattle Center (www.seattlecenter.com) and in the lower Queen Anne neighborhood. There is a QFC (grocery store) across the street. After I had made the bid, we found out there was a Japanese cultural festival going on at Seattle Center on the exact dates we were going to be there. As my daughter is very interested in Japanese culture, she was very pleased. We purchased Seattle City Passes (http://www.citypass.net) that provides a good discount for major attractions. The weather was mostly not-rainy and even sunny at times, so we were lucky there too :) . (I even managed to get my nose sunburned, so there must have been some sun!) We also saw two laser light shows at the Pacific Science Center in Seattle Center. There's a monorail connecting Seattle Center and Westlake Shopping Center, which is pretty well in the center of downtown. We didn't take the Metro buses, but those are free downtown (although not where we stayed, I don't think). Downtown is within walking distance (probably > 1 mile, but it's a pleasant walk). Seattle has lots of hills, although not quite as many as San Francisco.

I've heard that hotels on the Space Needle side of Seattle Center are not in a nice neighborhood, but where we stayed (on the side of Seattle Center that is opposite to the Space Needle) seemed like a nice neighborhood. I know it's what Priceline calls downtown, but I don't think most people would call it downtown. Nevertheless, it's really the exact location we would have chosen if we had a choice, so it was pure luck to get it.

• 6 years later...

I'm putting in another review 6.5 years later!

I stayed here recently on a promotion that wasn't through Priceline.

In this case I had a reasonably sized room with a queen bed, and a fully equipped kitchen.

The hotel appeared to be in good order.

Note that you do not have an elevator here.

Much of downtown Seattle can feel like a ghost town at night, but this area has a good selection of stores, restaurants, and cafes that are still open.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]