Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Oakland (Berkeley-Emeryville) Four Points

Eric Lovelin
By Eric Lovelin,
in

Hi everyone,

I just bid $50 with a $5 per night bonus cash courtesy of PRICELINE. That comes to a total of $55 per night for a 3-star hotel in Berkeley. The period is for May 27, 2009 to May 31, 2009. The location (Berkeley, CA) and dates are NOT NEGOTIABLE. Any tips for having better luck? I was encouraged by the successful bids near the SFO airport and downtown. Why is Berkeley so much more difficult?

Thanks in advance,

Eric

Hotwire is down now so I can't check what's available there.

Berkeley-Emeryville's a quirky zone in that the Doubletree and Four Points are rated 2.5*. Usually those brands are rated higher than 2.5*, especially Doubletrees.

You'll probably have better luck if you bid 2.5* rather than 3*. If a 3* hotel has a lower rate than the 2.5* your bid will be upgraded. The 3* Courtyard in the zone charges $9/night parking and parking is free at the known 2.5*'s. That's another reason some people prefer 2.5* here.

Unfortunately there are no free rebid zones for 2.5* in East Bay so you can only place one bid every 24 hours.

I'd try $45/2.5* to start and go up $5 every day until you hit. If you don't win anything up to $60 then you may be bidding too early. I'd wait a few days then and try the cycle from $45-60 again. Conventional rates arean't especially high for your dates and all the hotels have availability.

BetterBidding's convention is to list East Bay hotels in the Cali-Other section, rather than SF. If your thread seems missing one of the mods probably moved it to to Cali-Other.

Please use this PRICELINE link for your bids. (There's a way to use the board's link and also your Bonus Money but I'll let theruare explain that, as I'm not 100% sure.)

Just booked a hotel from May 27 to May 31, 2009 in Berkeley, California. First tried bidding for a 3* hotel at $50 and $55 with no luck. After some suggestions on this forum, it seemed better to go with a 2.5* hotel.

Won the Four Points by Sheraton hotel in Berkeley-Emeryville. Bid $40 with $5 bonus cash (for a total per night bid of $45) but was denied. Tried $50 with $5 bonus cash ($55 per night) and won.

Per Night Charge: $50

Number of Nights: 4

Number of Rooms: 1

Room Subtotal: $200

Taxes and Fees: $35.04

Total: $235.04

For future reference and for anyone else following along, you can still use our PRICELINE link along with your bonus money as followings:

-click our PRICELINE link

-click the MY PROFILE>>MY REWARDS link near the top right of their home page

-use the bonus money link in this area of your profile to place your bid

As well, a a reply to our message would be appreciated :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]