Hotwire Hotel: 3* San Francisco (Nob Hill) Executive Hotel Vintage Court

poppy6006
By poppy6006,
in

Hi

Im new on here and I have been researching Hotwire for the last week and keeping my eye on the calender etc. I now think Im ready to book a hotel but wondering if you could help me identify a 2* Union Square West $45 (for 6/6/09-11/6/09) its a boutique, smoke free, and breakfast. Looking at the hotel list it could be The Baldwin, which would be great!

any advice?

Thanks

Welcome to BetterBidding, poppy6006.

I'm not sure what this is but I don't think it's the Baldwin. In the Hotwire Hotel List the Baldwin is in USW zone, but the Baldwin's address, 321 Grant Avenue, maps out in the USE zone, not USW.

There's a Hotwire glitch now that all hotels are diplaying a 0/5 Trip Advisor rating. After the glitch is fixed I'll take another look at this.

Opaque 2* puchases near Union Square are always risky. There are some decent budget hotels near Union Square, but also some bad ones. I wouldn't purchase five nights at once. Purchase one night to see what you're getting; then if you like the outcome purchase the other four.

Please use this HOTWIRE link for your purchases.

Thank you for your response. There is a 3* at Nob Hill with amenities Smoke Free, Breakfast, Restaurant and Hi Speed Internet Access for $62 a night for dates 6/6-6/11. Maybe this is a better area? I have looked on the Hotel List but cant find anything for 3* with those amenities?

Thanks for you help, much appreciated.

Maybe this is a better area?

A 3* in Nob Hill is probably a safer bet than a 2* in USW. USW is a mix of Good and Not Good. Nob Hill is All Good.

The 3* hasn't been identified. Hotwire has had an issue for a few days now that all hotels are displaying a TripAdvisor rating of 0 out of 5. Once Hotwire gets this fixed it will be easier to ID hotels again. Since this is for June dates I think it's best to wait for more complete information.

Hi

Im currently looking at a 3* Nob Hill Area Hotel for the dates 6/6/09-6/11/09 Amenties:

Smoke Free

Breakfast

Restaurant

High Speed Internet

It has 3.5 stars on TA

I think it could be the ADANTE hotel, but since Im a lone aussie woman traveller it doesnt have good reports about the area, so im thinking it may not be Nob Hill Area?

Can someone help me and suggest a better location if possible?

Thanks

Good morning. :)

Unfortunately, the listing is unidentified. The Adante would appear to be a different zone, so this is likely a different hotel. I do see a 3* in the Union Square West area for $72* with the amenities Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business (likely the Hotel California) and a 3.5* in the USW area for $86* with the amenities: fitness, business, internet and restaurant (possibly the Warwick).

A better idea may be the Executive Hotel Vintage Court on Orbitz.com, which is $74.25, but you can take an extra 10% off per night with the coupon code deal0hotel. That hotel offers free breakfast and evening wine reception.

I'm not familiar with San Fran, so others on the board will hopefully chime in regarding good areas. However, in terms of hotels, the Exec Hotel deal seems pretty good to me.

What would be your max budget per night?

Please use the site's HOTWIRE, PRICELINE or Orbitz.com links.

It's good having TripAdvisor stats back!

:)

The 3* Nob Hill isn't the Adante. The Adante is in Union Square West zone.

I think the 3* Nob Hill at $59 is probably the Executive Hotel Vintage Court....the same hotel that AaronJB mentioned. The Vintage Court is in Nob Hill zone; it's smokefree with continental breakfast and a restaurant; and the TripAdvisor stats (3.5/5, 140+ reviews) are a match.

You have to be careful when ID'ing hotels on Bush Street because the north side of Bush is Nob Hill zone and the south side is USE. The Vintage Court has an even numbered address (650 Bush), which means it's on the north side, or the Nob Hill side of Bush.

I'd call this a good location; two blocks from Union Square and a block from the Grand Hyatt.

If you like the Vintage Court I'd consider booking it via the Orbitz link that AaronJB mentioned, with the 10% coupon, rather than through Hotwire. The Orbitz deal might cost one or two dollars more per day, but you'll know with 100% certainty that you're getting the hotel you want. With an opaque purchase there's always a small doubt as to what you're getting.

Your thoughts?

The Hotel California (used to be the Savoy) and the Warwick are both on Geary near Jones. I would consider it lower Nob Hill or as some would call it, the TenderNob. It is on or near the edge of the Tenderloin. That being said, I have stayed right there, even lived there for a few months, and didn't mind it. Just don't go too far down Jones toward Market because it's a little icky.

The Vintage Court is in a slightly nicer location, closer to the Financial District, just a few blocks from Union Square. It's a nice place, though the rooms can be quite small.

Hope this helps.

poppy6006

Thank you for sharing your win with the board :)

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Have a nice stay!

Please use the site's HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links to start future purchases.

Yellowdog.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]