Priceline Hotel: 2* Fargo Holiday Inn

ravinia
By ravinia,
in

Bid 2.5* @ $43, not a lot of rebid possibilities here so went with 2* $39. The under door bill showed PL was paying the hotel $34 + $3.40 tax (plus I imagine the sales tax on the overbid to the appropriate jurisdiction(s).

This is on the same block as a Holiday Inn Express, and upon arrival thought that would be our 2* room. The 'real' Holiday Inn here was actually quite nice, an easy 3*, well maintained and with frequent security patrols on the Saturday night in question. (Wedding and nightclub traffic was busy, considering the area this must be a real hotspot entertainment destination!)

Suggest $34 as good chance to repeat our luck.

considering the area this must be a real hotspot entertainment destination!

OUCH!! :)

This leads one to ask... "what were you doing there?!?" :)

Holiday Inns can often go either way: be a great value relative to their star rating or be a big disappointment... glad to hear this one was a good one!

Thanks for sharing your win and experiences at the property with the rest of the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sometimes one may need to traverse the great unpopulated areas of the continent, in order to travel between two more "important" destinations. And sometimes along the way you may encounter dramatic scenery and an occasional decent meal. (Montana Ale Works in Bozeman). But you also encounter areas with no Priceline participation, and I'm going to share the fact that paying rack rate for a scary Super8 is not a highlight of these areas!

You may even say upon reaching your room, this really }%!#\^*s!

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I am from Fargo and the Holiday Inn is a great hotel, especially for $34! The only hotels nicer in the are are the Ramada Plaza, Hotel Donaldson (downtown and very upscale) and the Radisson downtown.

Actually in Fargo I wouldn't consider the Holiday Inn a "hotspot" for entertainment, but I guess they have a good house band.

By the way, the Fargo-Moorhead area has over 100,000 people and there are alot of hotspots for partying

• 6 months later...

I used to live in Fargo, so I know the hotels in the area. If it is indeed the Holiday Inn and not the Express it's a very nice hotel with an EXCELLENT pool area (great for kids). I've paid $90+ to stay at the Holiday Inn. The risk involved with the Holiday is there are many 2* hotels in Fargo, some hardly worth the $39.

• 3 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]