NY NYC Helmsley New York MTE

joesmom
By joesmom,
in

Stayed at NY Helmsley after bidding on PL. Called the hotel to request double beds, was told they would put the request in but couldn't guarantee because of booking through a third party.

Called the day before arrival and the request had been noted and we were very happy that they put us in a room with a double bed. We were told that we would be in a 'standard room' not

a recently renovated 'city room'...well, no problem for us, the room was really nice, it was large with a beautiful view of the city. We are so happy we got the Helmsley, the staff was fantastic

and the location really worked well for us.

• 8 months later...

I'm not sure if I should put a seperate post or post here.

We stayed at the Hemsley December 20th for two nights. We were very happy overall. We were given a room in the corner which was quite large, bed very comfortable, flatscreen tv. Lobby still being renovated but should be Ok by end of January. Paid 150 not including tax/night on PL. (do I need to post the bid somewhere else?) RR

• 2 years later...

I stayed at the Helmsley New York on June 21st-22nd, 2012. The hotel is currently being re-flagged as a Westin property. All of the renovations should soon be done. I had the pleasure of staying in one of the renovated rooms. The rooms were well appointed with new carpet, furniture, beading, etc. The public areas also have been gone through. If you stayed here in the past then this will seem like a new hotel to you. The rooms at the Helmsley are larger than most other hotels I have stayed at in the same price range. Depending on the floor and room, there are some great views to be had.

Another nice thing about the hotel is that it is close to Grand Central Station, and not too far of a walk from Time Square.

• 1 month later...

A little after the fact, but I won a Priceline bid for the Helmsley back on June 2-3 of this year for $100 a night! I found the ongoing renovations to be a non-issue, my 20th floor room was all new and the biggest I've ever had in NYC. Might never get it that low again, but it was a nice weekend.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]