Priceline Hotel: 2* Niantic-Norwich-Mystic (Ledyard (Mashantucket)-Mystic) Days Inn

VVacay
By VVacay,
in

Hello, I'm looking for advice bidding on 2* hotels in the Ledyard (Manshantucket)-Mystic area. Has every 2* win in this zone ended up at the Days Inn? Also, have there been any lower star hotel wins in this zone? (I did a search and didn't find anything.)

As background, I've hit my limit of $125 on 3.5* hotels in the Groton area (i.e., Marriott Groton-Mystic), and hit my limit of $103 on 3* hotels in the Ledyard (Manshantucket)-Mystic area (i.e., Hyatt Place, Hilton Mystic, Residence Inn). Now I'm just trying to land the Days Inn at a lower rate than the Hotwire rate of $75/night (amenities: comp breakfast & pool).

Thanks for any help. And thanks for compiling all this information, which has already been incredibly helpful with my bids so far!

I'm not sure what the issue is regarding these dates in the Mystic area, but I can only think that it's a matter of a small market with little or no inventory for these dates (which seem rather busy - I see some hotels sold out on Expedia, such as the Hyatt Place). In terms of other hotels in the zone, what is on the list is what has been reported on the site.

In terms of the 2* level, you could definitely wind up with a different hotel than the Days Inn - while that hotel may be the only one reported to the site in that area at that star level, with PRICELINE there's always the chance that an unexpected hotel may appear - although it's that way with the service in any city.

Additionally, 10APR is a coupon code for Expedia that will take $10 off per night, while FABSAVE10 will work on Orbitz.com to get 10% off some hotels. Please use the site's Expedia or Orbitz.com links if this is of interest.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchase. Glad the site has been a help while planning this stay.

We've stayed in the Mystic area frequently. Whenever I've bid on 2* on Priceline, we've gotten the Days Inn, with the exception of one time, about two years ago, when they bumped us up to the Residence Inn. While it's never a guarantee that you'll get the same hotel, I'd try bidding on Priceline for a 2* in the Mystic area, but at a lower rate than the Hotwire rate.

JB

Thanks to AaronJB and ufauxreal for your quick responses!

So I ended up at the Days Inn in Mystic for $71/night, 2 nights 4/17-4/19. Bid history (all in Ledyard (Mashantucket)-Mystic, at the 2* level):

Bid $56, rejected

Bid $63, rejected but offered immediate rebid for $17 more ($80)

Bid $71, accepted.

Days Inn Mystic 2 Star

Ledyard (Mashantucket) - Mystic Areas

55 Whitehall Avenue

Mystic, Connecticut 06355

860-572-0574

Check-In Date:

Fri, Apr 17, 2009 / After 03:00 PM

Check-Out Date:

Sun, Apr 19, 2009 / 11:00 AM

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $71.00

Subtotal: $284.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $46.44

Total Charges*: $330.44

On Hotwire it would've been $79/night ($360.77 after taxes & fees). If I'd booked directly through the hotel website with Senior/AAA rates, it would've been $400 total.

Looking forward to the trip, thanks again for the helpful advice!

Administrator: Please change the title/subtitle as appropriate to reflect this bid history. Thanks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]