Priceline Hotel: Help please-Palo Alto

cherikm
By cherikm,
in

We need to book rooms for a wedding in Palo Alto in November. I know the Hyatt Ricky (3*) has been available for $37-50 according to this board, and the wedding has reserved rooms there for $79, but I've stayed there previously and it really is a dump. I would prefer paying a little more for to get the Westin or Sheraton (4*). I bid $60 for a 4* and was denied. I've been reading this board about "free rebids" and would appreciate help in navigating. My goal is either a 4* at $79 or (preferrably) less, and if not that, I would like to get the Hyatt Ricky for a lot less than the $79 offered by the hotel. Thanks for any help. I've only used Priceline once (Boston) and now I'm hooked.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

ReBidding is explained here: PRICELINE REBIDDING. When bidding at the 4* level you have five re-bid zones available.

Give your already rejected $60 bid, i would proceed as follows in order to work your way up to your $79 maximum bid:

4* Palo Alto and re-bid zone#1...

Bid $64, if rejected add re-bid zone#2 and....

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone#3 and....

Bid $72, if rejected add re-bid zone#4 and....

Bid $76, if rejected add re-bid zone#5 and....

Bid $79.

If you have any questions about re-bidding or want to confirm your rebid zones with the board feel free to ask and/or post your rebid zones to the board.

If the above fails then we'll take a look at the 3* options.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Your likehood of success at 4* in Palo Alto is good if your limit is $79 -AND- you're bidding on a Friday and/or Saturday night stay. If you're looking to stay Sunday-Thursday, I believe you'll have a difficult time with a $79 limit. I say that from experience! The only thing that could hinder Fri/Sat night availability is Stanford having a home football game scheduled the same weekend as your wedding.

• 1 year later...

Just a comment to clarify this thread is from 2004.

My comments regarding $79 bidding limits Fri/Sat vs Sun-Thurs shouldn't necessarily be taken into account by anyone else reading this thread now, as current circumstances may have changed since a year ago when I posted.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]