Priceline Hotel: 3* Modesto Red Lion

slojane
By slojane,
in

Last night I attended a wedding in Modesto. I booked 2 rooms thru Priceline at the Red Lion. (3* $44) Ihad read several bad reviews of RL on TripAdvisor.com. This place was way beyond bad. It was disgusting. Pictures on their website are completely inaccurate. The carpets are worn and filthy, the beds are hard, the bathroom floor was dirty, the toilet seat was pitted, the a/c didn't work worth a darn and was very noisy. I could go on but you get the picture.

HOWEVER, I complained to Priceline and they went to bat for me. They spoke with the hotel mgr and asked for a refund. Since I didn't complain while I was there, they couldn't refund my money. Priceline issued a $10 credit for my next purchase. I was very impressed. I only wanted them to know that the Red Lion is not a "3* upscale" hotel.

Sorry to hear of your poor experience, but your post is almost a ringing endorsement of our new 'sister' site: Real Hotel Photos .com.

The purpose is for users, just like you and me, to take pictures of the property and the rooms that we are given, so that we can all have an accurate idea of what the property is really like! No more looking for the beautiful flowers that are no longer there and only planted for the photo shoot or the room picture taken at the perfect angle and lighting to make it appear much larger (and nicer) than it actually is.

Having such a history posted on the web would:

1) Let others users know the extent of the problems above since they'd be able to see a visual image of them firsthand

2) Hold hotels accountable. You did the right thing by complaining, but imagine if you could email a hotel manager a link to photographs of their hotel... it may put a little pressure on them to take care of problems a bit quicker!

Of course the opposite is true too, and hotels that take care of their properties and treat their guests well will be rewarded with additional business.

You may also want to copy/paste your comments to the HOTEL REVIEW section of the board. In that forum more users will see your comments and will know to avoid this property... i'll also then be able to add a 'REVIEW' link next to this property in our hotel lists.

Thanks for sharing your win and, once again, i'm sorry to hear of your bad experience. Only thru sharing information such as this, and coming up with innovative ideas like websites to hold photos to show the good, bad, and the ugly, can we become better educated consumers and hold hotels accountable.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I really wished I had remembered my digital camera. I would have like to have it for the wedding also. Next time I won't leave home without it.

I'll post over in the review section also. I noticed that someone else booked a room at the RL. Poor guy, I wish I could have saved him the heartache.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]