Hotwire Hotel: Need help with this hotel 3* LAX

aquariaguy
By aquariaguy,
in

Hi,

This is my first time using hotwire. I'm looking for a price around $50+ for LAX. I guess 3 or 4*. Preferably 4* as my mom will be with me too and I don't want to be in the ghetto around LAX (if there is one). Any suggestions if you guys know a better way to bid? So basically, I would just accept that "if" i wanted it and tada, that's it?

I tried and got this what is it? How do I get Hilton or Westin? The dates are: May 16 - May 18. Flying out of LAX on the 18th around noon and I also need to get a car rental for those days.

3-star hotel in LA Intl Airport LAX for $54 / night

This hotel features the following amenities:

Airport Shuttle

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

High-speed Internet Access

OR

4-star hotel in LA Intl Airport LAX for $69

This hotel features the following amenities:

Airport Shuttle

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

Thank you for the help,

AG

Welcome to BetterBidding, aquariaguy.

Since you're travelling with your mother I assume you want a room with two beds. For two beds guranteed you need to search Hotwire on "3 adults". Searching "2 adults" only guarantees double occupancy, which could be a room with one bed.

It looks like you searched on "2 adults" because I get the same hotels as you when I search that way.

Searching on "3 adults" instead I get:

4* for $76: Shuttle, Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Business Center, Laundry, Highspeed

3* for $63: Shuttle, Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Highspeed

Note that prices are a little higher when searching for 3 adults, as the hotels have a higher rate for a two-bed guarantee.

The 4* is a match for the Westin. The 3* doesn't match any known hotel but it's very close to what's been reported for the Crowne Plaza, so that would be my best guess (although I'm not 100% confident in that ID).

When searching on "2 adults" there's also a 3.5* option with a Suite icon (among others) for $78. That's a match for the Embassy Suites South. Although it's a few dollars more than the 4* you'd be getting a suite with a kitchen and free breakfast. Suites might have one or two beds, but there's a hideaway couch in the living room.

Please use this HOTWIRE link if you purchase, and let us know which hotel you get.

If you want help with your rental car bid please start another thread for that in the Rental Car section.

Hi,

Thanks. I will check that out when I go home. 1 bed is fine because I will be sleeping on the floor. I'm a student, it's alright haha. Going to take a look at it and do a search through the forums too. I'll post back here If i can figure out what the hotel is. Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding, aquariaguy.

Since you're travelling with your mother I assume you want a room with two beds. For two beds guranteed you need to search Hotwire on "3 adults". Searching "2 adults" only guarantees double occupancy, which could be a room with one bed.

It looks like you searched on "2 adults" because I get the same hotels as you when I search that way.

Searching on "3 adults" instead I get:

4* for $76: Shuttle, Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Business Center, Laundry, Highspeed

3* for $63: Shuttle, Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Highspeed

Note that prices are a little higher when searching for 3 adults, as the hotels have a higher rate for a two-bed guarantee.

The 4* is a match for the Westin. The 3* doesn't match any known hotel but it's very close to what's been reported for the Crowne Plaza, so that would be my best guess (although I'm not 100% confident in that ID).

When searching on "2 adults" there's also a 3.5* option with a Suite icon (among others) for $78. That's a match for the Embassy Suites South. Although it's a few dollars more than the 4* you'd be getting a suite with a kitchen and free breakfast. Suites might have one or two beds, but there's a hideaway couch in the living room.

Please use this HOTWIRE link if you purchase, and let us know which hotel you get.

If you want help with your rental car bid please start another thread for that in the Rental Car section.

Priceline usually beats Hotwire on price, but Priceline only guarantees double occupancy which could be a room with one bed.

If you're okay with a room with one bed then I'll suggest bidding for a 3.5* on Priceline (rather than Hotwire). You can probably get something for less than $55; maybe less than $50.

If you're interested in that let us know and someone will suggest a bidding strategy.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]