Hotwire Hotel: 4* Seattle (Downtown-Pike Place) Westin

mamaday
By mamaday,
in

This hotel has not been identified; however, the set of amenities, minus High-speed Internet, has been previously reported for the Homewood Suites Seattle-Downtown. Except for a couple of recent reviews this month, the TripAdvisor information is consistent with this hotel also (and Hotwire's TA info is usually several days behind). So the Homewood Suites would be my guess.

Is the 2* hotel you were looking at for the same dates as well? If so, then these requests should have been placed in the same topic. If not, then please add the check-in/check-out dates to the other topic and we'll take a look. Also, the above hotel didn't turn up when I initially performed the search for 2 adults; if you're looking for a room for more than 2 people, please let us know the number of adults/children you entered in your search.

If you decide to book a room through Hotwire, please use the Hotwire link on this site to begin your purchase.

The 2* looks like a match for the Inn at Queen Anne. It's been reported with those icons in the past and the TripAdvisor stats match.

Also is it better to stay in Seattle Center or Pike Place? Just there to visit and see sights.

Just my opinion...Pike Place zone is more central for tourists and a better area for walking than the Space Needle zone.

The Hotwire options you're looking at are $79 and $84. For that money you can probably win a 3* or higher in Pike Place zone on Priceline.

Priceline only guarantees double occupancy though, which could be a room with one bed. If one bed is enough for you I'd favor bidding Priceline in Pike Place. Someone can suggest a specific strategy if you're interested.

Thanks. We didn't know which area to look at. I will start a new thread on the downtown pike place area. Please help me decide on the 4* and 3.5 start in Pike place.

If this is for the same stay, please do not start a new thread - keep everything regarding this stay in the same thread.

Looking at two different listings for May 9-12 in Downtown Pike Place

1. 4* - $93/night ameneties listed: fitness, pool, restaurant, business center,internet

TA 3.5/5 with 280 reviews. Is this the Westin Seattle?

2. 3.5* - 82/night, amenties listed: nosmoking, fitness, pool, restaurant and internet

no TA info listed. Is this the Silver Cloud ?

I have only used hotwire and have not tried Priceline. Looking at the Priceline topics I have seen many win the Westin for around $75. For $18 less/night is it worth a try? Thanks for your help!!!

The 4* is almost certainly the Westin. The set of amenities for the 3.5* hotel is a match for the Renaissance on Hotwire's vacation packages, so that would my best guess for that one.

As to the question of whether to use Priceline or Hotwire, that's one only you can answer. If you bid for a 4* hotel room on Priceline, you must be willing to accept any 4* hotel in the area. In this case, you pretty much know what you're getting on Hotwire, so it comes down to this: how much is knowing in advance what hotel you're booking worth to you?

• 2 weeks later...

I was on the Westin's website, and this special condition popped up:

The Westin Seattle

Special Conditions

Pool Closure May 3- 31, 2009

Please be advised that from May 3 through May 31, 2009, the hotel pool and whirlpool will be closed for repairs. Please contact the front desk manager for alternate swimming arrangements.

Guys, if your thinking about booking this hotel, I would HIGHLY suggest this one time to consider booking through a westin online promotion. They're doing the $100 gift card and night stay for $200. Valid for weekends and a couple other dates. Might look into it if you need to buy food anyways.

As far as the thread starter, congrats as you got a great deal!

The Seattle hotel guy.... Stayed in 14 hotels downtown and counting!

Favorite Hotel Downtown: The Camlin Seattle (It's now a timeshare)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]