Hotwire Rental Under 25

cellardoor2016
By cellardoor2016,
in

Hi, I'm planning a trip with my friend to Orlando at the beginning of June. We plan on spending one day at Cocoa Beach and will need to rent a car. I have 100 dollars in Hotwire credit and want to use it to rent my car but I am under 25. I know that I can pay an under age deposit with some companies but HOTWIRE doesn't offer this option. Is it safe to check the 25 or older box and hope that I can pay a deposit fee when I get there? What should I do?

Welcome to BetterBidding, cellardoor2016.

What you're proposing isn't a good idea at all. Hotwire rules expressly prohibit persons under 25 from renting cars. The car rental company will check your ID and if they want they can void your reservation. Worst case: you won't get a refund from Hotwire and you won't have a car.

PRICELINE allows drivers under 25 to rent, with a surcharge that's disclosed before you purchase.

But before looking at Priceline what's the best conventional rate you've found, including the under 25 surcharge? That's the rate you'd try to beat on PRICELINE.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]