Need advice/help cancelling PL hotel and car rental

lovefletch
By lovefletch,
in

Hey all, here's the deal. My friend is coming to Scottsdale next week for my wedding. She booked a rental car on PL for thurs Apr 9-Sun April 12. She booked a hotel for Fri-Sat night on PL as well.

The problem is, everything is in her boyfriend's name. Also, she's 24, so even transferring the reservation to her name will incur major fees at the car rental place. Her boyfriend is having a business emergency-his entire database of computers got infected with the Consicker virus, resulting in weeks of work to fix. He might be able to make it, but things aren't looking good.

Basically, I've read other threads, but is there anything she can say to work it out? Ideally, she'd be able to cancel the car, because that was more expensive-the hotel was only $45/night x two nights....I was posting to see if there's any way she should word it when she calls to get the best results. Also, she used an AMEX. Can she dispute anything?

I'm pretty experienced with PL but I've never canceled. I know the chances are slim, but any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

ask the hotel if its possible to have your friend's name added to the hotel reservation, she should be able to check in. I think the car is a lost cause since the rental is in his name and he would have to present a valid ID and credit card.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]