WA Seattle Marqueen Space Needle

WillTravel
By WillTravel,
in

I stayed here March 29 - April 1. This hotel has an elegant lobby, and is an older Queen-Anne-style building.

The rooms are a very good size, and amazingly you get a sizable kitchen as well, with a microwave and fridge. There's a large walk-in closet too. The bathroom is on the dated side, but everything worked fine. The bed (not sure if it was queen or king) had 8! pillows on it, and was very comfortable.

This is a hotel with uniformed bellmen and antique furniture, and I know it's referred to as a boutique hotel. The staff are friendly and helpful.

There's a free breakfast included. I looked one morning and saw some uninspiring pastries, but the fruit, yogurt, juice, coffee, and tea are no doubt good. However, I was getting breakfast elsewhere so didn't partake.

The neighborhood is lively and has lots of options at night, which can be a bit of a challenge in some downtown Seattle locations.

You can get downtown via the hotel shuttle (it left too late and finished too early for me), or you can take one of the buses that are available a few feet from the hotel. I took the #1, 2, or 13 that went along Third Street, and got downtown very quickly.

A few small points:

* The hotel seems to use some sort of potpourri, which was almost annoying, in the lobby.

* There is no elevator, and there are a few steps to walk up to the entrance. This won't be a problem for most, but something to consider if you are disabled.

* I was given the choice of a first-floor room that faced the street, or a second-floor "quiet" room that faced the back. I chose the quiet room, but had occasional problems with wireless (which I actually used a lot). I wonder if the street-facing room would have better wireless connectivity. Mostly I had no wireless problems, though. The hotel explained they had upgraded their wireless services, but it was still an old building.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]