Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Boston North Shore (Danvers-Peabody) Comfort Inn North Shore

Jesper
By Jesper,
in

I have booked a room using the PRICELINE.com link.

Just to be sure to have a NONsmoking room, I did what is said in the guidelines : "If you require a non-smoking room or a smoking room, you may contact your hotel directly" - and after several emails got this message from the hotel :

"We see that this reservation was made through a third party website, www.priceline.com. We are unable to make changes to a reservation made through a third party website. Please contact priceline to change your reservation"

Now what!

I joined the hotels affinity program and surprice : My confirmationnumber/reservationsnumber is not recognized, as i booked through a third party.

It would be nice to know what to do?

Jesper

Was this your Sheraton in Boston bid? If so, you don't have to worry as US Starwood hotels are non-smoking.

If it's some other bid, could you post it?

Hi,

I'm glad to hear that Sheraton is nonsmoking. I had another bid on "Comforth Inn North Shore" - Salem, Ma.

I have tried to contact the hotel directly - with NO luck.

Just got an answer from priceline.com - again they say contact the hotel directly, but the hotel just sends me back!

I didn't know that "However, when you Name Your Own

Price, we request non-smoking rooms on all requests; however, we cannot

guarantee a smoking or non-smoking room, as rooms are assigned by hotels

according to availability".

But that does not solve the problem: WHO to contact : HOTEL or PRICELINE. The hotel won't - priceline can't

please share your winning bid with the board and we will advise you about the non-smoking room inquiry.

I had a bid for Salem, Ma - 3* - 1 night in september 2009. First bid 50$ free - next 55$ rejected - ended up 60$ at 2.5*

Comfort Inn North Shore 2,5*

50 Dayton Street

Danvers, MA 01923

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night):$60.00 (USD)

Number of Rooms:1

Number of Nights:1

Room Subtotal:$60.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees:$13.85 (USD)

Total Room Cost:$73.85 (USD)

Just to be sure to have a NONsmoking room...

As your next quote indicates, calling the hotel after your reservation does not guarantee a non-smoking room.

...when you Name Your Own Price, we request non-smoking rooms on all requests; however, we cannot guarantee a smoking or non-smoking room, as rooms are assigned by hotels according to availability".

It would be the htoel that can change the reservation, but to make things easy on the satff, this property has been trained to tell guests "you booked thru a third party so i can't touch the reservation" as this makes it easier for them to manage their room inventory.

A hotel is within their right to not guarantee a non-smoking room before check-in, but what i would do is:

1) call the hotel and ask what type of room you've been assigned (maybe you've already been assigned a non-smoking room and there is no issue)

2) ask the clerk to add a comment to your reservation requesting a non-smoking room

3) if you're told that they can't do anything, let them know that you've contacted PRICELINE and was told to contact the hotel

4) if still no action, ask to speak to the property manager and explain the situation and that you'd like your request for a non-smoking room to be noted

Personally i would stop at #3 above as even if they note the request it doesn't guarantee anything, so i wouldn't be getting the manager involved at this point as you want the hotel to be your friend in regards to room assignment and i would wait to speak to a manager if my request wasn't honored at check-in.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]