Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Boston (Revere-Logan Airport BOS) Hampton Inn

jazzhands
By jazzhands,
in

Hello, I'm looking for a hotel in the Boston area, and I've tried so many times I'm feeling desparate! I'm looking for one of the following areas:

Backbay/Copely

Downtown

Cambridge

Airport

I'm WILLING to spend $100/night, but I would prefer to pay $75 or less. From reports on this board, the Airport seems like the best bed, but I've bid the airport 4* up to $75 with no result.

I've also bid on the other areas up to $100 with no result. I wouldn't mind breaking my trip into two different hotel stays if that's what it takes to get the best deal...any thoughts on how to do this? 10/2 is a Saturday. Should I try for the airport for 1 or 2 nights, then try for the other 3 or 4 nights separately? This is really stressing me out, and I'm new to this and doing the best I can. I can definitely start over with a different strategy if that's recommended. I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance!

Rate are extremely expensive for your dates, with only the nite of the 5th being somewhat reasonable.

Do you have a back-up plan yet? (if so, where and how much) If you're not successful up to $100, what will you do (not make the trip, lower star rating, add zones, etc?)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, I booked the Days Inn Saugus for $79.00/night. It definitely isn't my first choice, or my 5th, or 10th, but it's there if I need it.

As far as other Priceline options, I'm wide open for lower star levels (we're not THAT picky!). For areas, as long as it's fairly close to a T station, I'm also open to expanding our options, but I would like to stay within the Boston area, and not move too far into the suburbs. Right now, I'm open to anything. Please help!

When bidding 3* you have two RE-BID zones available. If you're not familiar with re-bid zones please read the prior link and ask questions. As well, feel free to confirm your re-bid zones with the board if you're unsure.

This is how i would proceed to approach your $100 maximum bid:

Select 3* Cambridge for 10/2-10/7...

Bid $70, if rejected add Airport zone and...

Bid $75, if rejected add Downtown zone and...

Bid $80, if rejected add BackBay and...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $100.

If that's rejected close that browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Repeat the above but using the dates below (ie- go thru the entire bidding process above for 10/3-10/7, then repeat for 10/4-10/7, etc, etc)

10/3-10/7

10/4-10/7

10/2-10/6

10/2-10/5

Feel free to ask any questions that you may have.

Good Luck.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Also, this is not a bad place to stay. We stayed here not too long ago, and we found the staff was great, the room was decent and all-in-all, we were pretty happy. You had some hard dates to work with, there was not a lot to go with! I believe they have a shuttle service at this hotel, you can catch a rid on the local transit quite easily and they will come pick you up when you come back.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]