Hotwire Hotel: Resort Kauai (Kapaa-Lihue-Koloa) Grand Hyatt Kauai

Cupper
By Cupper,
in

Why don't you share your HOTWIRE stay with board so other members can benefit from it :)

To answer your question. The claim must be done within 48 hours. Now, please gain the board with your stay :)

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the price paid, dates of your stay, and amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view all of this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the my account link near the top right of their home page.

Please use boards HOTWIRE link for your HOTWIRE bookings.

YellowDog.

Whoops, thanks for reminding me! I almost completely forgot, it's been a whirlwind week! It was booked earlier today so 48 hours shouldn't be a problem. I'll add the amenities here as soon as Hotwire site comes back up (they're doing some maintenance at the moment). Rest of the info is here:

May 27 - May 31

$346 per night

2 Adult

4.5-star Resort in Poipu

Grand Hyatt Kauai

A little more background info. My gf originally booked the stay on Hotwire for me as a graduation present, but I fear she overpaid for it. I found rates at LastMinuteTravel.com for $270 for the same dates. If I can get them to honor the guarantee, it'll knock down the price to ~$200, which would be AMAZING!

In the past HOTWIRE did honor their Double the Difference Guarantee against PRICELINE, but you need to have a confirmation purchase for the exact same dates as the same property (a posting on a message board wont cut it :) ) so this was only possible when you needed two or more rooms, booking one (or more) at HOTWIRE and then then then win the same hotel at PRICELINE. I'm not sure if they'll still honor another opaque rate, but you would need to actually make a purchase of the other opaque property to show that it's the same one (ie- showing 'evidence' of how it's obviously a specific hotel isn't sufficient).

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Oh dear, that's a kick in the nuts. Thanks for the helpful input, people here are so much nicer than other sites. Didn't use the HOTWIRE referral link this time, but will make sure we do next time!

And these are the amenities for the Grand Hyatt:

Resort, Beachfront, Oceanfront, Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurants, Business Center, Laundry Facilities

Can you please doublecheck if those are the fulll amenities associated with this property by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page. I think there are more than you included above, but these would not have been visitble during your purchase unless you clicked the "See all amenities" link under the icons on the secon page.

Thanks in advance for using our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your future travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Can you please doublecheck if those are the fulll amenities associated with this property by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page. I think there are more than you included above, but these would not have been visitble during your purchase unless you clicked the "See all amenities" link under the icons on the secon page.

Thanks in advance for using our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your future travel purchases.

Oops, you're right! Sorry! Golf, Tennis, Children's Activities, Spa, High-speed Internet are also there. The listing on this site is up to date, expect that the Grand Hyatt is back down to 4.5 stars from 5.

Honestly, Hotwire's rating system seems very arbitrary to me, I prefer Priceline.

They give out enough information on their website about the hotels that you can figure out their names. So for example there was only one 4.5 star rated hotel with an $18 daily resort fee in the Poipu area listed on their site. It's pretty easy to guess that it's the Grand Hyatt Kauai.

Either way, the verdict is still out. I'm waiting on them to get back to me.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]