Hotwire Hotel: $54 2-star hotel in Union Square West San Fran (hotwire)

waddles mullet
By waddles mullet,
in

Hi Guys,

New to the forum - what a brilliant site. Travelling from the UK out to california on a budget, so happy to have found betterbidding!

Anyone have any idea what this $54 2 star hotel in san fran might be? Hotwire says it's:

Boutique (hmmm)

smokefree

provides breakfast.

Many thanks, will be sure to book through the links. :)

Hey Colfax, thanks for your reply. Arriving tues 31st march, almost definitely leaving sat 4th april.

Just me, so one bed fine.

Was going to try to do San Fran without a car and hire one on the 4th - planning a road trip down to the national parks for a few days.

Was hoping to stay central near Union sq / Nob Hill, or perhaps in the mission area - dont know the town at all, looking forward to it.

Any advice much appreciated,

WM :)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

This property has not yet been identified, but the Fitzgerald Hotel Union Square seems like a very good guess, imo.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let su know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Since the hotel ID isn't certain I'll mention there are potential 2* hotels in USW that might not be in good areas of the zone. I can't look right now but later today, if you haven't already purchased something, I'll see if I can find any other options in your price range.

Are you flying into SF? Planning on taking BART to Downtown?

Two hotels that I recommend to visitors with a budget under $60 are available for your dates on HOTWIRE---The Whitcomb and the Opal.

1) The Whitcomb is the 3* in Civic Center South-Hayes Valley zone, for $52.

Icons: Smokefree, Fitness, Restaurant, Business, Highspeed

2) The Opal is the 3* in Japantown-Civic Center North, for $60.

Icons: Continental Breakfast, Fitness, Business Center, Laundry, Highspeed.

Priceline and Hotwire define the SF zones differently. On Priceline both hotels are in the Civic Center zone.

There are tradeoffs between Whitcomb/Opal vs your unidentifed 2* in USW. The 2* in USW is more central but there's some risk of getting a bad hotel. The Whitcomb and Opal are a little more distant from Union Square, but they're known quantities and probably better hotels than the USW 2*. The difference in distance isn't much---several blocks.

If you're arriving on BART I'd go with the Whitcomb. The hotel's front door is just a few steps from the Civic Center BART station. If you're not arriving on BART I'd read the review on TripAdvisor and see which hotel sounds better to you.

Please use this HOTWIRE link if you purchase something and let us know what you get.

p.s. Tomorrow I'm going on vacation and I won't be on the board til I get back. If you need further help there are others on the board who know SF and will chip in with advice and suggestions as they're able.

Have fun!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]