Priceline Hotel: 3* Orange County (Disneyland) Hyatt Regency

hikimmo
By hikimmo,
in

I am going to a convention at the Anaheim Convention Center the week of Thanksgiving. I need a hotel for Sunday and Monday nights, 11/21-22. The Marriott is within walking distance, I know. Is there something I can do at Priceline to get this hotel? Or might I get another hotel that's close enough to walk?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You may get the Marriott, you may get another hotel that is close enough to walk, or (if the zone is large enough) you may get a hotel that is far from where you want to be. When bidding you are subject to any hotel in that zone at that star level or higher. You can see the hotels that have already been awarded in this zone in our CALIFORNIA PRICELINE HOTEL LIST.

If you're willing to accept any hotel in the zone let us know and we'll suggest a bidding strategy to follow.

If you end up booking direct it would be appreciated if you used this board's link to MARRIOTT.

Let us know what you decide to do or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have a feeling that the Anaheim Marriott and the Coast Anaheim (which is actually slightly closer than the Marriott) only come up for bids that are at least $40.

The Radisson Maingate is equally as close as these two, and often comes up for much lower bids, though.

But you can't bid for a specific hotel, and if you put in a bid over $40 you might end up with a far away hotel at a higher price.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I didn't get the Marriott, but I did get the Hyatt Regency. We don't mind the very short drive. Our conference begins at 7 a.m. and a 5-minute drive sure beats 1-1/2+ hours in rush hour traffic!

Here's how I bid:

$25 Disneyland area

$28 Disneyland area + Fountain Valley

$31 Disneyland area + Fountain Valley + Garden Grove

$33 Disneyland area + Fountain Valley + Garden Grove + Seal Beach

Thanks for your help---I followed the instructions you gave on another thread.

Kim

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]