Hotwire Hotel: Please Help ID 3* Century City-Westwood

markg18104
By markg18104,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding, markg18104.

The 3* Century City-Westwood hasn't been identified yet. My best guess is that it's the Royal Palace Westwood. Royal Palace has the free breakfast, could probably qualify for a low-end Boutique (Hotwire's definition of "Boutique" isn't very precise), and the TripAdvisor stats (3.5/5, 20+ reviews) match the Royal Palace.

What makes me doubt Royal Palace is that HOTWIRE shows a "Nonsmoking Rooms" icon, which is supposed to mean ALL rooms are nonsmoking. Royal Palace's website says "most" rooms are nonsmoking.

I'll get back to you on the Glendale-Burbank hotel in a bit.

As for the 3* in Glendale/Burbank/Universal...

I'm seeing different icons than you posted. Now it's:

Shuttle, Pool, Restaurant.

Before I try to ID I'll mention this hotel's TripAdvisor rating is 2/5, which isn't good at all. I presume you're not intersted in the hotel then, but if you are let me know and I'll try to ID.

That 3* in Century City is $89 now. Recently a few bidders have won the higher rated Palomar in the same area on PRICELINE for about that price. If you want to try for the Palomar we can suggest a strategy.

Please use these HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links for your purchases.

Thanks. I was guessing it might be the Holiday Inn Express West Los Angeles, CA - but I could not reconcile the "Boutique" icon with that hotel.

I will let you know about the Palomar/Priceline option. Palomar wants $30/night for parking.

With 5 nights and 2 rooms (+ probably having to pay for parking, plane tickets, rental car, etc.) we are trying to keep the hotel price affordable and remain in the West LA, Westwood, BH area. We find that to be most desirable and central for an LA visit.

So, if we were to increase our price/night are there better options to look for that would include parking?

Should we be looking at other areas?

Pay parking is almost universal in the areas you want. If you find free parking it will probably be at a 1* or 2* hotel, something like a Travelodge or Comfort Inn.

You said you want two rooms for three adults. Priceline only guarantees double occupancy, which could be a room with one bed. Are two of three in your party able to share one bed, if necessary, so that Priceline is an option? Priceline usually beats Hotwire on price.

On Priceline there's a good chance you can win two 3* rooms in Beverly Hills-West Hollywood zone for $75 or less, plus parking. Someone can suggest a bid strategy if you want.

If you want to spend less than that I'd suggest trying for a 2.5* in Beverly Hills-West Hollywood or a 3* in Burbank-Universal-Glendale. You'll pay to park in B-U-G too, most likely, but less than in BH-WH.

I really appreciate your help.

Yes, 2 of the 3 can share a bed. Actually, there will be 4 of us; I thought it best to list us a 3 so we might get a double and a single (bed). 2 want to be bedmates, and 2 (my children) do not. So that is why I did 3. I was also pricing out hotel+air packages and 3 of us are travelling together and the 4th is travelling separately. Okay, this is probably TMI.

I am not too excited about 2.5* in BH-WH. I need to look at the B-U-G hotels.

Any thoughts on how low I could get Hotel Angeleno on Priceline?

Yes, 2 of the 3 can share a bed.
Which is fine if you receive a room with two beds... but what if you receive a room with only one bed?
Actually, there will be 4 of us; I thought it best to list us a 3 so we might get a double and a single (bed). 2 want to be bedmates, and 2 (my children) do not.
This sounds like you would actually need 3 separate beds, which i don't think is very likely. As well, when you bid on PRICELINE you don't list any number of occpancy, PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy and there is no place to enter triple or quad occupany (vs. HOTWIRE which does allow you to search for up to quad occupancy)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Two rooms at $90 each, or $180/night, is getting into territory where you may be able to book a suite conventionally (not using Priceline or Hotwire); something with two beds and a pullout couch, accomodating your family of four in one room.

Would you prefer something like that if it was available (I haven't checked), or do you prefer having two rooms?

Any thoughts on how low I could get Hotel Angeleno on Priceline?
I missed this question in your last post.

You bid for a 3* in Brentwood-Westwood. Hotel Angeleno hasn't been reported to the board but it's rated 3* in Priceline's retail product. It's possible you could win a different 3* hotel, or get upgraded to 4* Palomar.

Please help ID the following

3.5*

Glendale - Burbank - Universal City Area

4 nights (May 16-20)

$59/night

ICONS:

Airport Shuttle

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Also, any idea what the 4* hotel is in the same ares with the following ICONS:

Non smoking rooms

Fitness Center

Pools

Restaurants

Business Center

High Speed Internet

• 5 weeks later...

I will have one stay. I am just trying to focus on hotel, and dates. I will post my winning information once I decide (which will be in the next 24 - 36 hours).

I am even going to seek out information on another hotel in Studio City. But, if I am correct, I need to do it in a separate post.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]