Hotwire Hotel: HELP: New York JFK 12/2-12/5

Bruchpilot
By Bruchpilot,
in

None of these are an exact match to what's in the list so i wouldn't draw the conclusion that they're the same hotel in our lists simply due to the star ratings being the same.

I'll take a closer look at these to see if we can gain any add'l insight, but before i do... do you have a conference or some other specific reason to be in this area? I see your stay is for a multi-nite and we don't typically see this zone bid except for pre/post flight stays.

Just want to make sure that you are not choosing this area (likely based on price) for a NYC stay as that would NOT be something i'd recommend and i would probably try to talk you out of it (although how you ultimately spend your money is your own perogative).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

hi!

thank you first of all. no i havn't a conference in this area, but we will arrive from europe in the late evening, so the first night makes sense staying at this place, because of jet-lag etc.

but i saw that the prices for manhattan hotels are so expensive and i ask myself if its worth or not. we need 2 rooms (because two couples) and i think we can save much money by staying at the airport area. you are right, it is far away, but i m not sure if we should pay more than double per night per room...

instead of that, we can share a cab to manhattan...

what do you think?

The 2* property is probably the Best Western

Shuttle

Exercise Facility

Breakfast

Hi Speed Internet

Laundry Facilities

I stayed here in November and it is a fairly new property that is adequate for getting over jet-lag, not much more.

I stayed at the Ramada about two years ago, and at that time it was 3* and it featured:

Restaurant

Exercise facility

Business Center

Laundry

This is an older property and at that time, was in need of a renovation. I read somewhere that airport hotels get beat up faster than other hotels because of the turnover, guests stay one night and are out. This hotel is bigger than the Best Western and has a full service restaurant.

The 2.5* is a mystery, could this be the Radisson?? This would be more of a 3* property in my opinion. If so, this is a nice hotel as I had stayed here using another booking service about 6 months ago, my rate was around $95 or so....

Good luck with your bidding and let us know of your results......

Here's the deal....

Do not stay at the airport for the entire length of your stay... you will not get a feel for NYC and you will not be happy in the airport area.

You could stay there the first nite and then move onward to NYC for the next 2 nites, but:

-a cab from your hotel to NYC could cost as much as $60 (plus toll and tip) depending upon traffic, while a cab from the JFK to any point in Manhattan is fixed at $45 (plus toll and tip). Four people can fit in a taxi but you'll then need all your luggage to fit in the trunk. Trunks are spacious, but don't know how many bags the 4 of you will have, especially given the extended length of your trip.

-no matter how early you wake up the first day to 'move' to Manhattan, you always get a little later of a start than you expect, then you have to check-in to the new hotel (and most likely store your bags if it's early as your room won't be ready), etc, etc... i think you will 'pick-up' at least half a day by sleeping in NYC that first nite and being able to 'wake up and go'

If budget is a factor i would sooner choose a place like Jersey City (NJ) to stay rather than JFK... by mass transit it's shorter, more convenient, and safer (and all the hotels in the area generally get very good reviews).

Feel free to ask us some questions about any of the above and talk it over with others in your group. Let us know what you decide to do and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]